Hand Made First Order TK

Haven't done an update in a while, but my FN (or TK as we call it here ) continues to come together. Got this before Christmas!

47407240-136C-4CFB-813B-55C9B4457D74_zps

FC02B92E-9E96-4B6D-A895-DC3DC17757B0_zps

Then this after the new year!

E440C7F8-B7DC-47BD-9500-7C9CFCBEEFE4_zps

And then these arrived yesterday!

C9459DDD-6957-4850-B2C0-B2486639E07E_zps

Hope to have everything assembled in Feb! And before you bombard me with requests for these items, check out the "First Order Stormtrooper Resource Guide" on the forum for where I got most of this stuff.

• Like 4

This may not be the correct place to ask my question, but here goes. What is the better and lightest helmet/armor? ABS or fiberglass? I am sorry if this question is asked in the wrong thread area.

I was asked question about how my beak sits on the bucket and how I secured it. As you can see in the kit picture earlier, I put small crosses on the back of the beak to align it to the bucket.

I applied 5 min epoxy liberally to the back of tbe beak then aligned it and taped it down until it cured.

You can see how my beak sits relative to the visor.

CB32612F-0617-4879-8C14-D8CDC3BBAA54_zps

87F8EE3D-D0CD-4FD1-B2D3-B4AD44D2273B_zps

The beak sits relatively flush with the mesh near the tear drops. Although I do have more of a gap on my right side.

878B1D73-D2D2-4996-898B-D9E2A86B3910_zps

DFC3977F-973D-408D-AA52-05CE0CFB67C9_zps

Where there should be space is under the front of the beak. Take a look at the pics from celebration and you'll see the same space. It's hard to tell in this pic.

FB27EF80-281B-47FE-B4EF-51473EA4B5C9_zps

This may not be the correct place to ask my question, but here goes. What is the better and lightest helmet/armor? ABS or fiberglass? I am sorry if this question is asked in the wrong thread area.

ABS is absolutely lighter than either fiberglass or resin, and is typically more durable and easier to work with. As for which is better, that depends on your definition of "better". Weight, sculpt accuracy, quality of assembly, etc. all needs to be taken into account.

• Like 1

ABS is absolutely lighter than either fiberglass or resin, and is typically more durable and easier to work with. As for which is better, that depends on your definition of "better". Weight, sculpt accuracy, quality of assembly, etc. all needs to be taken into account.