21533678923_5f0209f15f_z.jpg

22164971601_8427776fff_z.jpg

21967871199_d25cde5b92_z.jpg

21967867169_b2555c1517_z.jpg

21533666153_4681bdf9ef_z.jpg

21966626900_f0fb87b571_z.jpg

22154754685_fc664efc23_z.jpg

22128560976_7ea0200530_z.jpg

I've got a bit of bondo and light sanding work to do to correct some minor imperfections, but after building the Anovos TFA armor it's certainly nothing I can't handle. Especially since the helmet will need to be prepped for painting anyway. But as far as the size, shape, and accuracy details go, I'm quite pleased with it. :)

• Like 5

Going by these new comparison pics Greg's bucket looks to be slightly larger than the ANOVOS, similar to that of the RT-mod buckets. This is by no means a deal breaker but it is worth mentioning also, and now that's it's been illustrated the ANOVOS TFA armor itself isn't as accurate as originally thought I'd say Greg's bucket is a serious contender. 

Very impressive :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

• Like 2

I do like the fact you contoured the outer rim and defined the chin, very well done.

Do you have any plans to refine the interior? 

EDIT: Being many may want to sand the interior to a cleaner finish do you know the approximate wall thickness to help us avoid sanding through?

Edited by ukswrath

The only thing I think Gregs helmet needs at this point are decals.  Its been my guess that the black markings on the helmet are decals versus paint.  If we could get those for it, I think its perfect.  I have one of helmets in hand and already started working on it.  I like it much better than that of the Anovos helmet out there now. 

I don't. These are "rotocast" by hand, so smoothness and thickness will vary wildly. If these are details that are important to a wearer than a more productionized process would be better suited for that. I'm just a guy in my garage with a passion for making stuff and Star Wars!

• Like 5

The only thing I think Gregs helmet needs at this point are decals. Its been my guess that the black markings on the helmet are decals versus paint. If we could get those for it, I think its perfect. I have one of helmets in hand and already started working on it. I like it much better than that of the Anovos helmet out there now.

What would be decals? The "ears" are pretty glossy and appear to form directly into the lens of the goggles. I wouldn't mind having a "rubberized" decal for the trapezoidal shapes and the "ring" around the base. Also, wouldn't mind a rubberized brow, similar to what I've seen on classic TKs.

The only thing I think Gregs helmet needs at this point are decals.  Its been my guess that the black markings on the helmet are decals versus paint.  If we could get those for it, I think its perfect.  I have one of helmets in hand and already started working on it.  I like it much better than that of the Anovos helmet out there now. 

Hey Jason what is it about Greg's bucket do you like over the ANOVOS? BTW this is just information for the masses.

Besides the lens installation is there anything else you plan on doing to it?

Thanks

For the interior, I plan on adding fabric lining similar to the Anovos bucket along with some strategically-placed padding to ensure a snug and comfortable fit.