Weirdest question you've been asked this year at an event

Snaps

I was once at a party and this guy trying to be cool in front of the ladies  asked me " Are you a girl? You know that all the stormtroopers were actually played by women in the movies because men couldn't fit in the costumes".     I know he had already seen me without a helmet. I didn't bother correcting him.... Im a 175lb avid weightlifter/personal trainer.  Why do people have to be jerks?

It isn't the weirdest question but one of my favorites:

Fan: How do you go to the bathroom in that thing?

Me: I'm going right now <Sssssh-click>

-Eric

• Like 7

On 8/27/2015 at 5:36 AM, Dark CMF said:

On Friday night, in the lobby prior to the Weird Al concert, I was asked (THREE TIMES) "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?"

------------

"Weirdest" question I've been asked, "Have you ever had sex while wearing that?"

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 7

"Aren't you a little fat to be a Stormtrooper?"

And my answer since I read it here: Aren't you a little ugly to be a wookie?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Weirdest question I expect to be asked as of 18 Dec (if not before): "OMG!! Aren't you John Boyega?!?" :huh:

Why yes, I am. Because despite the 20+ year age difference and the fact I'm about 4 inches taller, we indeed all look alike - both in and out of costume. :glare:

• Like 7

WOW!!! That's weird! I've never heard that question before.   *cough cough*

Well, I'm only like... 6'4" in my armor so it definitely caught me off guard. :D

2015-07-13-ROTJ%20145.jpg

Oh yes... This is something that we've discussed having on hand at troops moving forward. I think we should have it strapped onto a handler's back or somehow hidden from public view, and just allow it to miraculously appear when the question is asked.

At one convention, while waiting (in armor, of course) for a celebrity meet and greet with Luciana, she was asked if I wear that armor,"you know... everywhere?"

• Like 1

2015-07-13-ROTJ%20145.jpg

"Weirdest" question I've been asked, "Have you ever had sex while wearing that?"

You didn't answer the question......... :P

I always get "These are not the droids you're looking for"

Anyone got a good response for that? Besides playing along

• Like 1

....I mean... who hasn't?! Or just me? Probably just me. Aaaaaaaaaand now it's awkward.

Hey look over there! Droids! *Runs away in an awkward and not-so-subtle-or-quiet manner*

• Like 4

If they have an iPhone, I like to say "No, I guess not, but I believe you have the Apple I've been looking for."

I also am prone to telling people (when they are taking selfies or phone pictures with an Android phone) that their phone is the droid I've been looking for.

• Like 4

As I was walking in our Fourth Of July Parade in my Tusken, I overheard a man tell his son, "That one is a Jawa!".  Now, I don't expect everyone to know the name 'Tusken', but 'Sandperson' is perfectly acceptable.  (BTW, we had no Jawas on that troop)

Can't wait to finish my TK to see what questions I get in it!

Edited by wingnut65
  • Like 2

Very drunk woman at an event (not a 501st one I add)

"Is that a blaster in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

"doubtful, I'm a girl"

She was a bit slack jawed as I sniggered in my lid.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't actually been asked strange questions during an event......until today. A little boy came up to me as soon as I finished getting into my armour & asked "do you have a dog?" A very odd thing to ask a faceless man covered in white plastic. :)

Edited by Barcoder
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

It wasn't directed at me (I was just a handler, my first build is in progress), but at a recent zoo event, a little girl asked our Sandtrooper "Who would win- Darth Vader or a tiger?" while we were standing by the tiger enclosure.  Too bad our Vader was about five yards away, I would have liked to have heard his answer!

I almost always get the "these aren't the droids you're looking for" line, and I play along. People just love it.

I hardly get the "aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper" line. Which I find odd (but not complaining!). I'm 5'8" and every other TK I troop with is close to 6'. 

The oddest question I got asked was by a woman when I was leaving the Chicago Wizard World con. She walked up (with her friends) and asked if she can smack my @ss. Before I could answer she gives me a solid thump and says thanks. 

Edited by Chills
  • Like 1