Richard's ANH Stunt 2 mm [TM]

Thanks!

Yeah, I noticed the forearms are too low, I finished the straps for those Sunday morning too, and this was actually the first time I had them on like this. Right now they don't feel right too, so I will definitely adjust them.

I will probably use some of these photos for my EIB approval, and I will do a reshoot with the final adjustments and correct handguards for the Centurion application :) Right now I'm waiting on the initial approval as a TK. My local GML already said my photos are good, so I hope to hear more in the next few days.

BTW, are the handguards removable after glueing with CA? I actually want to move them to nomex gloves after approval, for more comfortable trooping ;)

Why don't you use the hand guards Paul includes in the kit with your nomex gloves? That's what I did. Just glue on an elastic strap that goes across the palm (some also put one that goes across the wrist) and you've got your suit. I have my latex hand guards permanently glued to my rubber gloves.

• Like 1

I thought about that, and maybe that's easier. I already have them completed now, and I won't need to hassle with velcro or whatever to get them to work on the nomex.<br><br>

So I guess I'll just have two pairs of gloves, one accurate pair with all rubber parts and one with the nomex plus abs handguards. <br><br><br>

Sometimes the solution is right in front of you. ;)

Edited by VulpX

I'm approved! 

TK-19979 reporting for duty!

I'll be posting my EIB status request this weekend  :) Hope to hear more feedback from you guys if you have any! And thanks again, without the great help I got in this topic the build would have been a lot tougher  :duim:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

So, here we are again, a couple of months later. The inevitable has happened, I have some cracks in my armor. It survived for 12 troops, bur yesterday evening the first crack happened during a troop. 

This morning I was cleaning my armor and somehow bent the kidney plate too far, heard a loud crack, and there it was, a small crack... These two are quite small and I hope they will be easily fixable.

But then just now something happened and I could smash my own head against a wall now... While trying to take a picture of the crack in my chestplate I stepped on the backplate, and I heard that sound I really didn't want to hear anymore. My backplate now has a crack a few centimers long... I was on the verge of crying just now, damn me!  :6:

Anyway, I wanted to ask you guys for some tips on how to handle these cracks. Here are pictures of the small crack in the chestplate and kidneyplate:

P1000509_zpshucmbgba.jpg

P1000510_zpsh9axownx.jpg

And here some pictures of the large crack in the backplate:

P1000511_zpswksxqhv8.jpg

P1000512_zps1oi3i50s.jpg

How do I fix this, or at least reinforce the cracks to ensure they won't get any larger? Any help would be appreciated a lot! 

Just added your build to my "Go To" folder for reference for my own build, outstanding work :)

Great to hear my building "blog" is helpful for others, Art!

I repared a crack in my shin by polly welding some abs offcut behind it . Basically melting the abs across the crack to re enforce it. Or you can use super glue instead of polly cement.

Thanks Mark. I tried CA glue and it looks like it holds. Yes! Next troop is this Saturday, and ik looks like it's gonna be a long one. Great test to see if the CA glue really fixed it.

My other question still stands though, how can I reinforce my armour? And specifically, the return edges? Normal textile tape won't do the trick, I was thinking of maybe polyester tape or something with fiberglass?