Sitting in uniform

may sound silly but curious since i don't have my suit yet, but curious if you can sit on a chair in full costume. i wouldn't be surprised if there were some armor bites ill experience there but couldn't find any topics on this subject at all. i'm up and down all day at work since i work in a doctors office and plan on suiting up for a day at work and was curious if i'll be standing all day. (there's a daycare right down the hall from us i'm planning on visiting while suited up)

I can't sit in a chair in full armor but I can sit on an arm or corner of a table, some modify their armor so they can fully sit but I have soft costumes if I want to sit around all day ;)

• Like 2

Typically, if I sit, it is a combination of Glen and Mathias description. The corner of my Husky bin, corner of a table, arm of a chair/sofa, and always leaning back so the chest plate doesn't decapitate me.<br><br>

I can take a knee if I just have to get off of my feet a little more comfortably. I just make sure that I step forward with my left foot until I can set my right knee down on the floor/ground/carpet. This is a little more comfortable for the chest plate situation, but can be tough on the knees - particularly the right one.

• Like 1

Very interesting. I figured it was possible but want to be careful as well so that I don't end up cracking the armor. Figured I'll be mostly on my feet, but I'll keep in mind to take a knee every so often to rest up.

Thanks for the info and help!

i can't sit in mine. If you want to dress up at work you could try only doing it for the time you go to the daycare and entertain the kids. If you plan on doing work with the armour it will restrict lots of movement.

I can do sort of a sit-lean combination, or I can sit at a barstool with my legs hanging down. The key is to either remove the buttplate or sit very gently on it so as not to crack it.

As far as sitting like I'm working at my desk -  no way.

• Like 1

I can sit in mine and be fairly comfy.

Also, I may or may not have been fairly intoxicated last weekend and somehow managed to kit up. O.o Apparently I laid down in my bed and was about to go to sleep in it until one of my girlfriends suggested I remove it. So there's that, haha.

• Like 1

Also, I may or may not have been fairly intoxicated last weekend and somehow managed to kit up. O.o Apparently I laid down in my bed and was about to go to sleep in it until one of my girlfriends suggested I remove it. So there's that, haha.

Oy vey...LOL

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I can't. But I would like it sooo much ! On a side note I began to build my second costume and I just realized that it will be equally difficult to sit with it !!! I must have a really bad karma :-(

• 1 month later...

Well, this thread just took an interesting turn! Lol ;-) Edited by Millar007

ROTJ armor is probably the only thing you want to sit in, less you crack the return edges on the other types of armor.  Mine feels like I'm in a back brace when I sit, but it's possible.  As long as what I am sitting on is soft.  Probably a mental thing.  ROTJ armor is nice and flexible because it has no return edges on ab and back.

First time I rode the Coaster in armor I really bruised my back from the return edges on the kidney and back pieces. No cracking of the armor at all. I did pop a chest to ab snap though. Second time I rode I added padding between my back and the armor. Much better.Thanks to ID30791 for riding along. The only one in the Garrison able to attend for some private ride time. post-19582-0-60976600-1444670773_thumb.jpg<br><br>

This one was a tight fit however. It was our Imperial Shuttle after marching in a local parade. It was really something to see. post-19582-0-58074000-1444670898_thumb.jpg

post-19582-0-56157900-1444670939_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well it sure would be nice to be able to sit but it aint happen with this trooper. And if you fall over you will need help getting up. As the old saying goes "help I have fallen and can't get up".

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On a tanget. note, will it be possible to sit/recline at a movie theater in armor? I was hoping to suit up for the premier in Dcember (I hope to have the armor assembled by then). It sounds like I better pray that my tickets are for the new reclining seats screen at the local AMC and not your standard seating. . .

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thread, I had been wondering how this was going to be handled when out trooping around and it was time to go hide for a few minutes to get off of your feet. I hope that there will be enough room in my boots when they show up for a nice cushy pair of insoles..  :Stormtrooper_walk_south: