My CFO ROTJ Build

Balders

Hi folks, well, I'm a complete newb at this, so hold on tight, strap yourselves in and here we go! (admins, if this is in the wrong place or I've said stuff I shouldn't please set me on the right course).

Got my big brown box delivered from CfO Monday, wow, there's so many more parts than I realised to a whole suit/bucket!

Also ordered (and have mostly received) jodhpur boots (to be dyed), neckseal from jedi-robe, undersuit direct from manufacturer, black rubber gloves, aker talkie box and have a hasbro here with a doopydoos and arduino sound kit on the way.

I have been asking Mark loads of questions via email and he always responds super quick, great service like that, thanks Mark.

I'm sure there's been loads of CfO posts/photos, but as it's my first time, here goes some of mine.  You'll see I've started trimming (I'm using a router bit on a dremel...works a bit like a knife through butter...not too much pressure and just keep a nice steady pace) and have fitted some edge liner to the abdomen part to see how I got on with it (think it's not too bad).

Anyway, on to the photos:

post-24540-0-86983200-1440012207_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-80783300-1440012208_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-29933900-1440012210_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-90063800-1440012211_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-77032700-1440012212_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-74632800-1440012213_thumb.jpg

post-24540-0-22705100-1440012214_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I'm trying to post pics but for some reason the link I post is not the link that's displayed when I submit the post?

Could you elaborate on that with links (not for display as images, but straight up links)? We moved hosting company the other day and are encountering all kinds of stuff. But hopefully once the kinks are sorted we'll be glad we moved as it has much more power than our previous host.

Generally you can't copy the URL from the browser window and have it work. You need the direct link, like this:

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I'm Only Doing What I've Done For The Last 8 Years Or So? Photobucket Generates A Link To The Image Which I Copy And Paste. It's NEver Not Worked Before?

I think I know what's going on now. The "stop shouting" mod I just installed is disagreeing with things. Needs more tuning.

On 8/20/2015 at 4:27 AM, sskunky said:

this is a link to a pic in my photobucket. 

-----------------

maybe it's because that image/album is marked as private when you follow the link mate?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Tonights update...had a visit from a long established (some might say leader) local trooper, who brought along his armour as a reference for how some pieces fit together, and also a novel answer to suiting up, which means he can suit up solo in a couple of minutes  Anyway, lots of chat, quite a few photos and notes taken, and I can progress with my build :)

Edit:

Been working on the shins a little tonight...no glue holding this (the right leg) together, just a decent match/fit.

post-24540-0-90663200-1440107757_thumb.jpg

Edited by Balders

Been working on my helmet over the weekend. Had a bit of a time cutting the ears out of the moulding sheet, but I guess anyone who's done that knows exactly what I mean.

S shape neck seal now fitted, over all I'm pretty pleased and have taken my time over it.  Bubble lenses, internal strapping, decals and paint to go.

post-24540-0-67477300-1440367408_thumb.jpg