SupRsloth Doopydoos E11 Blaster build

SupRsloth

Hi all. This is my first build of anything of this type. I'm doing a fair amount of mods but definitely not going all in at this point. Here's what I was able to accomplish this weekend.

Hardware in the grip.

Hollowed out the stock to place a wooden dowel.

Hardware in the muzzle

Made the inner bolt and spring

Made a movable trigger with a spring from a pen.

Broke and glued three parts including the selector switch, front sight, and a part of the folding stock. I think I've now learned to be a bit more careful with the small parts.

Edited by SupRsloth

Hi Matt nice work on your build so far.

Ā 

As for the broken pieces I wouldn't worry too much. Most issues can be solved with glue and/or green stuff.

Ā 

The one thing that I did notice however is that the wooden dowl looks to have too large a diameter to match the resin cylinder.

Ā 

I look forward to seeing how the rest of your build progresses.

Edited by Thrawn's guard
  • Like 2

Hi Matt nice work on your build so far.

Ā 

As for the broken pieces I wouldn't worry too much. Most issues can be solved with glue and/or green stuff.

Ā 

The one thing that I did notice however is that the wooden dowl looks to have too large a diameter to match the resin cylinder.

Ā 

I look forward to seeing how the rest of your build progresses.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated. Already have the broken items repaired just waiting for the glue to fully dry. I thought the dowel is a bit big as well. I'll see what the next smaller size looks like.

Ā 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had a chance to make some more progress this weekend.

Ā 

Ground out the end cap.

Ā 

y4m4SrzCaRH6p-FW1nwcnlfYJP_C3fYUfBA_SJGk

Ā 

Added some hardware to the scope

y4mvVg7roXvHzmg5sJpds__CWkkN0SZBEsiX7G56

Ā 

Made a scope rail

y4mq9WHBLnwln5CVkVQUTcnSKy8HDDT-AV-8RMiF

Ā 

Mounted the counter and the scope to the rail.

y4mOMS_idKTcatqR2VmDA4WDQyx056m9E9VuC1HC

Ā 

Painted all the parts. Ā  Started with a grey primer. Ā Then a simple flat black for all the parts except for the grip which I did in gloss black. Ā  Letting everything dry over night and hopefully finish assembly this week.

y4mqGwPXAGxprFeqtNKrBtbeuVErt17Shjkzmrqj

Edited by SupRsloth

Couple questions as I'm gonna start parts of the build you've just finished, as I'm curious how to proceed:

Ā 

1. The screws you used to affix the grip to the body of the blaster-how long are they and how far do the go into the blaster body? And did you use pins as well for the back part.

Ā 

2. Did you ground down the heads off the muzzle screws or did you drill out and put them in full?

Ā 

Looks great so far-good luck with the rest of the build and paint!

Couple questions as I'm gonna start parts of the build you've just finished, as I'm curious how to proceed:

Ā 

1. The screws you used to affix the grip to the body of the blaster-how long are they and how far do the go into the blaster body? And did you use pins as well for the back part.

Ā 

2. Did you ground down the heads off the muzzle screws or did you drill out and put them in full?

Ā 

Looks great so far-good luck with the rest of the build and paint!

1. The screws for the grip to the body are different lengths. Ā One was about .5" and one was slightly shorter. Ā  They go all the way to the inside but not past the black plastic inside the main barrel. Ā  This is because the receiver bolt needs to pass over top of this area. Ā I also used two pins towards the front where I couldn't put screws as well.

Ā 

2. Ā I drilled out and used full length screws in the muzzle. Ā Don't use very long screws and I found tapping the holes helped as well.

Ā 

Thanks for the positive words. Ā It's been fun and challenging.

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 1

Here's the finished product. Ā  Definitely not as detailed or awesome as a lot of the builds I've been following on this site. Ā But I'm still pretty happy with the results. Ā  Ā 

y4mEG7UeHg4aYjdfWKkpjUWfXSKXAe76GlTfI1FQy4mD0V8nQY3P9KmiypT7TXX33X54iyeUMx_eETpvy4mMW0EDZxY8sbkh3GWjD1UnRKroTNvtjUE1c2PLy4mLP1iTuLZhWgNwQmnUbDKA-i2T4Iz27JJJgV_Qy4mkUhdqaKpmR5hy6vGasbNY_U5lIsB1dC4d5HNk

Edited by SupRsloth
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...