WIP First Dutch FemTrooper

I've been building on my kit with my bf since March. Because a lot happened a long the way, we couldn't spend as much time building as we wanted to. So this week, we took a dive and used every spare minute to work on the kit. It's turning out great! I wonder if you guys have any tips or advice on our work. As you can see, we still need to trim the top armor, we still have to finish the belt, glue the strips to the shoes and.. of course.. finish the helmet. 

Advice or remarks are always welcome. One pointed question I have is about the knees. We feel they might go a little lower, but maybe it isn't necessary? I wouldn't want them too low because I don't want a gap between the parts. The kneecaps themselves function fine, I can walk easily in them. 

Can't wait for my first troop. This is my first costume!

post-23231-0-29483200-1439455678_thumb.jpg

post-23231-0-55336400-1439455679_thumb.jpg

post-23231-0-24982500-1439455680_thumb.jpg

post-23231-0-74645800-1439455680_thumb.jpg

Edited by Naiyaru
  • Like 3

Looks great!  The untrimmed top armor is kind of cool, it has a nice flow.

My only recommendation would be to rotate the shoulders forward a little.  That would make an even gap in the front and back.

• Like 1

Wonderful job so far! I would agree on rotating the shoulders forward. I would suggest dropping the knees a bit so they rest more on the shins. Otherwise, they may get caught behind your shins from time to time. You may also want to raise you back plate so it comes up over your shoulders a little more, this may help close the gap between the back plate and kidney plate.

Coming along nicely!

Thank you all so much!

Yes, I will use some velcro + elastic bands to make the shoulders stay put :D should fix this today! Also, thanks for the advice on the kneecaps, we were wondering the same as well. A little lower might be better. 

As we speak, I am undoing a small white leather purse for straps for the boots, I couldn't find small strips for sale, so I just purchased a white bag at a thrift store for the purpose. Hope it works ;) 

Will upload new pics when I have them. Thank you all so much for your advice and encouragement!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Final update, I got approved over the weekend! We had a little trouble with the TD, the caps didn't fit and we had to slam 'em on, which resulted in a sort of "plastic stretch marks" we thankfully could hide at the back. So maybe in the future, that one needs an update. But I received an instant approval which makes me superglad! TK-64369 proud to join you guys!

Here's the result! I don't own the big gun Jess has, and since it's about my body size, it must be a b**** to troop with, so I subbed for my bf's blaster for now. Will borrow the big gun one day for a shoot though.

Thank you for all your help and advice, it was very welcome! Hope to meet you guys on a troop or at Celebration 2016 in London?

[attachment=9008:dg_pagina_sm.jpg]

post-23231-0-03820000-1441785340_thumb.jpg

Edited by Naiyaru
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...