Storage Container (Rucksack)

I am almost done building my AP kit and I should have my application in by the end of the month.  So, I am starting to think about storage.  I was about to by one of the hard cases that everyone buys when I thought about my old rucksack I used when I served.  It was just collecting dust so, I test fitted it and I got every single piece in, including the boots, with space to spare.

I didn't want it the woodland camo that it was, so I tried dying it black.  It did not take as well as I'd hoped, even after dying it twice.  It turned out well though.  It kind of looks like a black camo pattern. 

Now I want to patch it up a bit.  On the main flap, measured below, I want to put a fairly good sized patch on it.  501st, Imperial, or something else defining.  Any suggestions?

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I think most ppl here would rather store their armor in a hard storage case or luggage.  Considering how much time and money goes into it, it might be a better idea.  But, to each their own.....putting it all in a soft rucksack makes it easily portable though.

• 4 weeks later...

I for one intent to store it in my barrak box (or pelican case) its a bit expensive but its worth it and you can find some use one on ebay

Edited by sierra

The main worry on the ruck sack idea is not so much that it would get crushed, but also that it would get scratched, a lot.  Cordura will not be nice to armor.  I had to transport my armor up to the Great Wall in China in backpacks, but that was a one-off and it was painted armor, so I didn't mind so much.  As John & Sierra noted, long term it's not a good idea and a hard case bin or box is a better way to go.