Navajo Bro's AM 2.0 Stunt build

Navajo Bro

I haven't actually submitted for EIB yet, before I do can the experts point out anything I'm lacking or needs fixed?  Thanks!

And total time was about 30 hours over three months :)

• 3 weeks later...

Terry, 

Awesome build.  Great step by step.  I will be visiting this a lot.  I just got my AM 2.0 armor in early this week.  I have never put a suit together so this is very helpful.  Thank you.  How long do you think that it would take a rookie builder like myself to assemble the AM 2.0 armor?  Still a fascinating build.  Thanks for posting it.  

Terry, 

Awesome build.  Great step by step.  I will be visiting this a lot.  I just got my AM 2.0 armor in early this week.  I have never put a suit together so this is very helpful.  Thank you.  How long do you think that it would take a rookie builder like myself to assemble the AM 2.0 armor?  Still a fascinating build.  Thanks for posting it.  

Chris, build times typically depend on your crafting skills and how much time you dedicate to it. Some take a month or two, some take several. It's truly up to you. If you post a build thread you'll progress faster, IMHO being you will have others like my self assisting you along the way.

• Like 1

Hey Tony,<br><br>

Thanks for the reply. I am looking to commit around 2-3 hours per weekday and up to 6 hours on be weekend days to the build. Again, I am a Green Rookie so this is all new for me. I have been watching videos from Tropperbay and reading some of the great posts on here. I will definitely start my thread for my build so. I am wondering how you determine when the right size is the right size? I know it is better to leave more on than take off so you can readjust later but just trying to find threads that address measuring, fittment, and trimming to fit. Thanks for the reply by the way.

Hey Tony,<br><br>

Thanks for the reply. I am looking to commit around 2-3 hours per weekday and up to 6 hours on be weekend days to the build. Again, I am a Green Rookie so this is all new for me. I have been watching videos from Tropperbay and reading some of the great posts on here. I will definitely start my thread for my build so. I am wondering how you determine when the right size is the right size? I know it is better to leave more on than take off so you can readjust later but just trying to find threads that address measuring, fittment, and trimming to fit. Thanks for the reply by the way.

PM sent

So now that the website is working again for me, and now that I've had time to study your build at length, I have to say I am very impressed.  Your armor looks amazing!  Thank you for taking the time to put this guide together.  I am pushing to get my build done in the next three weeks (time permitting) and I will be using your guide extensively, especially for the inner webbing/snaps and bucket, which I have yet to start.

Quick question - where did you buy your snaps from and how do they hold up while you troop?

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say that every doubt or question I have had doing my arms today (forearm, biceps and shoulders) your thread has had it all covered. I have had it up all day and double checking my work with yours.

One of the best AM 2.0 builds on here.

Thank you!!!!

• Like 1

lmao wow thanks for all the great comments!  I don't know how I missed all the recent replies, I was popping in each day but my "view new content" thing doesn't work right on this sight, so I pop on "my content" and just check to see if there was a different name as the last reply.  Somehow  I was off ;)

I need to submit for EIB, I wasn't putting it off, I've actually been busy helping new members again.  I'm not really an expert IMO, but I can follow directions and have been here long enough to feel confident in my builds, even if they aren't as clean as some of the great ones.  I also have a pretty good schedule with work and family which gives me the ability to help others - over the last year I've had four new recruits come to my house every week or so and use my shop space, tools and advice to assemble their own AM TKs.  All four did a fantastic job and are approved.  

I just started two weeks ago helping another new member with his AM Shadow TK, and have three more recruits that are expecting their AM kit to arrive this week.  So pretty much all my free time is spent helping them (God bless my understanding wife).  

Oh, and on a rare occasion I have a little time to hit the FO Trooper for myself lol....

Tony, like I said I'm going to submit ASAP.  The other reason I wasn't rushing was because I have the accurate rubber gloves and plates but in the photos I was using the hard ones.  I wanted to suit up and take some updated shots but haven't had the time.

Christopher, sorry I missed those posts before but we talked via PM and glad some of my photos helped you out !  My build took about 30 hours total, but over like 3 months because I wasn't in any sort of rush and just doing a few hours every other night or so.  We did one trooper in the Garrison in about the same amount of time, but he came by a lot and a few days we put in like 16 hours straight.  He was done in only a few weeks.  But like Tony said, it really varies and it's better not to rush and instead post a thread and get some help along the way.  Once you get a few things going you'll find a lot of it is repeated and as it goes on gets quicker and easier.  The thing that takes the longest is allowing the glue to dry at time before moving on lol.

Kirk, Jamie and Michael thanks for the kind words!  I'm just happy to finally have a good, accurate TK.  My old one was the FX from 2006 hahaha!

Also Kirk, I used heavy duty snaps found almost anywhere from JoAnne's, AC Moore, Michaels and even Walmart.  I've never had any problems and have used them on all my costumes.  Obviously some spots take more abuse then others, but when they occasionally break it's an easy fix.  I love the webbing method of gluing them on plastic, back in the old days I tried to put them through the plastic or used plastic squares and the posts weren't really long enough so then never held up.

http://www.joann.com/dritz-heavy-duty-mighty-snap-5-8in-7-pkg-/prd11248.html#q=heavy%2Bduty%2Bsnaps&start=1

Pat man what's up!  You gotta come back out one day, we miss you man!

Marilyn, glad I could help let me know if you have any other questions I have lots more photos in the album and can always take more :)

Lastly, here is old faithful, the original FX Stormtrooper I joined with in '06... retired to the duct tape manikin...

5D39C5B2-A285-40DB-A069-3D901EB18DF8_zps

Hey Bro... I've been using your threads to build my am 2.0.

So far so good... My limbs look great and I'm waiting on some supplies before gluing. I'm starting to look at the chest plate (AM 2.0 chest plate is screen accurate as far as I know - they changed the design)

I have a few questions sir:

Could you help me with the shoulder strap placement? Is there a standard. Centrion etc?

How much did you trim from each side?

The back plate straps are wider then the front plate. should they be the same width?

How much room needs to be between you and the chest plate?

I tried pm'ing you but you are not excepting messages at this time. thanks!

Hey Bro... I've been using your threads to build my am 2.0.

So far so good... My limbs look great and I'm waiting on some supplies before gluing. I'm starting to look at the chest plate (AM 2.0 chest plate is screen accurate as far as I know - they changed the design)

I have a few questions sir:

Could you help me with the shoulder strap placement? Is there a standard. Centrion etc?

How much did you trim from each side?

The back plate straps are wider then the front plate. should they be the same width?

How much room needs to be between you and the chest plate?

I tried pm'ing you but you are not excepting messages at this time. thanks!

Sorry man, got tied up with work and some troops :)

I have another event this morning so I'll pop back in later with some photos but quick answer:

1)  Shoulder strap placement - I don't think there is an exact "measurement" but I tried to place them in a spot that simply looked good.  Not to far up, but also leaving enough room so that they extend over the back evenly.  I imagine because each person's physical build is different where they sit might vary slightly, but I think it was about 5 bumps up on the hard plastic strap - meaning if you count the bumps from the bottom, the end of the chest armor (top) was between the 5th and 6th bump.  I'll throw in a photo later :)

2)  I trimmed pretty much all the way to the bumps on all sides.

100_0189_zps2c4q4rs4.jpg

3)  Back plate was definitely wider, I ended up tapering them to 2" - I found the center then marked out the measurement then slowly cut away and dremeled until it was even.

4)  I think about an inch or so between the chest and back plate.  Enough to see the difference but not a ton.

100_0340_zps44vqz8vj.jpg

• Like 1

Here was the placement of my shoulder straps.  You can see it's about 5 or 6 "bumps" up:

F113D901-F7B2-4695-BDA6-2182941808D3_zps

46B42DD0-EDF8-4C79-8667-6E335094ED0D_zps

17AD2B21-AEA2-40CF-985B-B9BEC0CECA96_zps

We're doing a new recruit's Shadow Trooper AM 2.0 kit and although it wasn't planned and built several months later, his ended up being about the same spacing:

53033CD6-BB63-44E8-98C2-A741349C514A_zps

219D8190-936F-40A7-9D92-60D030826A90_zps

And here is how I tapered my back/chest at the shoulders.  I basically found center of the armor and measured so it would be about 2 inches total (so one inch in each direction from center):

9D92E429-4DA9-4DEC-B7F6-3421FAD254A1_zps

D1F39AA7-C150-4313-81B5-66E2B18BB4E3_zps

DE12AD0A-1DA3-4E1E-992B-9C6008FE7D40_zps

4A027AA9-52C3-40A7-8610-FCC65C6B89E2_zps

89167DEF-4F8C-4F15-8916-E1F23F796966_zps

Hope that helps!!

• Like 1

Hey Bro, on your AM 2.0 are there two different shoulder bells?

Yes, they are definitely shaped differently... I can grab a shot of which one I made left and right, basically I fit them and chose what looked best hahaha, not sure if there is actually a standard.  The center line of each kinda curves towards the back on mine :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Terry, How did you ultimately affix the dropboxes to the belt? are the loops just loose or are they riveted?

The elastic is riveted to the back of the inner drop boxes, but they are just loose and looped around the fabric belt.  With the end rivets on each side holding the canvas belt to the plastic front belt, and the snaps on the canvas belt that connect to the ab plate the loop sits between the two and thus stays in place :)

If that makes sense.  If not let me know I can grab some photos 

• 1 month later...

Does 1110TT Blue and 1138TT Gray sound right? Thats the gloss colors testors brand.

Try this link for the info:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/tutorials/article/23-helmet-ab-button-paint-reference-guide/

That's what I used and I believe I got the paint from like Trooperbay or something since I couldn't find it locally lol....