TFA Strapping/ Harness Systems

jimmiroquai

Hi!  

I've gone through most of the build threads and there are some different strapping/harness methods out there, but most of it is buried within.  

I thought i'd post an inquiry, and, at the same time, this thread can serve as a consolidated reference in the future, so i hope you guys don't mind.

So what are your strapping / harness systems for your TFA builds?  Any unforeseen problems encountered with your method when gearing up / trooping?  Integrated harness (like an H-harness connecting everything) vs separate top and bottom?  I'm also particularly interested in how (and if) the chest plate moves / gets misaligned with movement, etc.

Looking forward to your responses and ideas. :)

Thanks!

I'm planning on re-purposing a rig that I happen to have in black.  WIl add a long strap with snaps along the front for the chest armor and run some straps with snaps down to the thighs. Not sure if I will do the sides ones to help hold the belt - once I have everything blocked in I

ll make a call on that one if I think its needed.

AB armor will be attached to the top horizontal ring.

img_0273_rev_zpssy1thj6i.thumb.jpg.9e40dbb72cb8bfcbca79330313195d56.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help, everyone!  I finished my build and i ended up using all of your ideas combined.  Haha.  A bit overkill, i know.  :)  The armor in the pics is my sculpted-from-scratch flexible fiberglass armor.

1915163597_HARNESS1_zpsum3omo6g.thumb.jpg.5d5165e5030968aaa732d32e72d99997.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

Thanks for posting this separately. My chest gaskets left/right sides are kept together by sewing elastic/velcro about 8 vertical inches at center of chest. This distributes the pull and weight down the 8 vertical inches, rather than a single point of contact. Also, as a lady I have some subtle curves that need more than a single point of contact to fit snuggly. I think some other TFA TK ladies have used the single chest strap system, so it would be great to hear from them how the rubber and fit has held up after a few troops. 

I love the other harness ideas, and have given me ideas to improve on the belt/garter system I have for the thighs and knee gaskets.

Thanks! -Krista :atat:

Edited by kme1682

• 2 years later...
On 8/10/2015 at 7:19 PM, Vertex said:

Will PM you the link of where I got it as Im not sure I can post that info here. FYI, it did cost about 35-40 bucks.

Would love that info as well - thanks man. e