Rogue One TK's

I just need to point out how needless this conversation is... yes, we see the differences in the armor, but do you honestly think the average Joe will notice any difference whatsoever? The things we are discussing are so minor, even microscopic that there is really no need to panic or worry.

This argument has been repeated over and over and over, but it doesn't really apply in this or other situations. The average joe would not tell the difference between an old FX armor and a fully approved centurion, unless they were put side by side and pointed out the exact differences. Yet, we still promote working toward excellent centurion armor and celebrate those who achieve that level!

The FISD and this forum are completely about understanding the details in the armor and trying to make the best possible--pushing the levels of quality. What the average person can tell or cannot tell doesn't matter when discussing armor here. If the average person were the standard we go by, then there wouldn't really be any usefulness for the FISD at all.

• Like 1

I went to the Star Wars costume exhibition in Times Square recently and examined the helmets 6-7 or so that were on display. They were all new and not enclosed except for one. They don't seem to be SDS or RS but look pretty accurate. They look mass produced as well which was cool to see. If that's what they're using for RO, we should all be happy. Here are some pics vs my RS

------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 1

Helmets look very nice indeed. Thanks for the pictures.

Given their condition, I doubt they're originals from ANH/ESB, unless restaured. But if they're helmets produced for the upcoming Rogue film, I think they have done an excellent job.

Definitely not screen used or used at all. They're brand new. No markings or logos. The green eye film doesn't extend to the screw bolts so not SDS or RS. They're stunts so not the hero from EFX. Not sure where they're from. Maybe some of the experts on this forum can identify.

Definitely not screen used or used at all. They're brand new. No markings or logos. The green eye film doesn't extend to the screw bolts so not SDS or RS. They're stunts so not the hero from EFX. Not sure where they're from. Maybe some of the experts on this forum can identify.

Those are ANOVOS buckets, and here's your proof!

0ef4ef467db8f7fd831c80eee3f2b780.jpg

\m/

• Like 1

Yeah, weird about the tube stripes.

I thought I recognized the large bump area on the side of the helmet. Anovos is the only ear covers I've seen with those so long and uniform. You can also see their style in the sharpness of where the frown meets the teeth.

On 1/1/2016 at 7:43 AM, s4awd said:

I went to the Star Wars costume exhibition in Times Square recently and examined the helmets 6-7 or so that were on display. They were all new and not enclosed except for one. They don't seem to be SDS or RS but look pretty accurate. They look mass produced as well which was cool to see. If that's what they're using for RO, we should all be happy. Here are some pics vs my RS

--------------

thanks for the pics, Tom..

Do you happen to have any close one of the two suits seen reflected in the mirror in your second image? Could that be an anovos full armor on display?

Is Anovos officially providing armors and buckets for RO or this is just a guess? And those on Times Square exhibit are Anovos OT or RO? Are they the same?

Edited by gmrhodes13

Here is the full size image from anovos post.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks. The helmets look good for sure so a nice portent of what is to come. I'd agree though a few tweaks would make them look better. Maybe someone who has an inside track to Dana, etc. could help out

Anybody noticed in those pics some 3 very different looking blasters and ine heavy duty chain fed looking one laying on the orange generator boxes. Only asking cause i dont see and of these guys holding an e-11.<br><br>

Maybe one behind a helmet.

Edited by erockula

---------------

There is actually an e-11 in one of the pictures (it's in the docking bay thing next to two actors clad in what look like rebel commando-type gear) but I did see the blasters you're talking about. Not sure what they are, but I'm interested.

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 1/2/2016 at 4:53 PM, artimorty said:

thanks for the pics, Tom..

Do you happen to have any close one of the two suits seen reflected in the mirror in your second image? Could that be an anovos full armor on display?

Is Anovos officially providing armors and buckets for RO or this is just a guess? And those on Times Square exhibit are Anovos OT or RO? Are they the same?

Here is a close up of the armor. To me it didn't look screen used but what do I know.

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13

On 1/3/2016 at 10:08 PM, s4awd said:

Here is a close up of the armor. To me it didn't look screen used but what do I know.

------------

That's not the Anovos armor, that's a ROTJ armor...

Edited by gmrhodes13