Rogue One TK's

Or Disney simply wants to keep everything tight in their own yard. No interference from others - Disney is known for their strong hand regarding rights and everything. And when they release Rogue One these new weird suits will become canon too.

Ok, let's drop that other stuff and try to get this back on topic...

Ā 

If the Rogue One stormtrooper armor ends up being as bad as it seems to look in these photos, is there any chance the 501st could choose to NOT accept that armor?

Ā 

Maybe we're wrong and these armors won't be in the movie, but if they are, wouldn't it be a huge bummer to set back all the great progress that's been made improving the armor standards?

Edited by cedron
  • Like 1

Ā 

If the Rogue One stormtrooper armor ends up being as bad as it seems to look in these photos, is there any chance the 501st could choose to NOT accept that armor?

Ā 

Maybe we're wrong and these armors won't be in the movie, but if they are, wouldn't it be a huge bummer to set back all the great progress that's been made improving the armor standards?

Personally I think it's a propaganda hype... To let us down, and then bring us back up, as they wont be in the movie.

LFL has already basically said that the ROTJ style armor is THE official appearance of TKs. This hasn't been a public statement anywhere, but in what they allowed DICE to do with Battlefeont, they clearly have chosen their model TK image, and it has a one piece kidney and butt plate and rubber trim.<br><br>

Looking through that lens, the hybrid appearance makes a little more sense. It doesn't mean that we have to be excited about it, but we are going to have to deal with it. (Oh No, MORE TK costume options!). As for the idea that we could simply ignore the costume, we can. Until someone builds one and submits it for approval. At that time, we as a Detachment pick up the responsibility on behalf of the Legion, to develop and maintain the CRL for the costume. It is going to happen.<br><br>

Those guys are on set. I find it difficult to believe in the HD/4K, digital recording age of movies that there are any more Stunt/Hero prop builds. Those are likely "just" Stormtroopers. They've probably been running, jumping, diving, and in many other ways, doing things that will likely have caused the armor to slip, slide, and shift to awkward situations such as the Drop Box being stuck behind the thigh.

I've said it before..gonna say it again. Joe public will look at these TKs..and ANH TKs...and ESB TKs..and ROTJ TKs....and see Stormtroopers. The silly little differences between them only 'matter' to super anal nerds like us.

• Like 8

I've said it before..gonna say it again. Joe public will look at these TKs..and ANH TKs...and ESB TKs..and ROTJ TKs....and see Stormtroopers. The silly little differences between them only 'matter' to super anal nerds like us.

Ā 

Absolutely agree! But no one will ever convince me of liking this or ROTJ TKs.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

LOL.

Ā 

We all have just seen 5 blurry pic's not even one real trailer or teaser. You really think about now at this stage on a 501st accept for this kind of armour we know nothing in detail ?

Man... maybe those ARE from Anovos and than? :laugh1:

Ā 

Happy new year :happy and cheerful birthday:

Edited by Turrican

LOL.

Ā 

We all have just seen 5 blurry pic's not even one real trailer or teaser. You really think about now at this stage on a 501st accept for this kind of armour we know nothing about?

Man... :laugh1:

Ā 

Happy new year :happy and cheerful birthday:

Ā 

Sure I do. Speculating is fun, and people do it here on the forum all the time for movies, toys, armor, events, whatever.

Ā 

So let loose, indulge, and join into the guessing of the future!Ā  :P

Edited by cedron

Some of the aspects such as the smaller cod and flat shoe, while quite noticeable to us, will enable greater mobility than our suits tend to do. Ā Remember that Rogie One is expected to be a much more visceral military-styled film than what we are used to seeing. Ā People from Saving Private Ryan and Zero Dark Thirty are working on it, so we can expect some great action scenes. Ā I'm excited to see OT-style TKs engaging in physical action. Ā It's about time that people start thinking of TKs are BA again IMHO as opposed to the clownish buffoons we see in Rebels.

• Like 2

I just need to point out how needless this conversation is... yes, we see the differences in the armor, but do you honestly think the average Joe will notice any difference whatsoever? The things we are discussing are so minor, even microscopic that there is really no need to panic or worry.

• Like 1