Rogue One TK's

Where are the high brows? Looks like we're going to be swarmed with low brow helmets only... 

Looks like hes trimming the kidney plate with the butt plate.. all one piece!

Yes, but the kidney notch is there! 

Just kidding I'm sick by just staring at that single back armor...

Some more observations about the original pictures. Some parts of these almost look like FX armor, especially the very rounded tops of the shoulder bells, the overlap of the back and kidneys, and the strap connecting the chest and the back. Other stuff like the narrow cod piece, I've never seen before. And, the drop box stuck in the thigh armor is just funny. :)

FwDRDPI.png

I seriously hope these are not the real stormtrooper costumes they are using in the movie. It's like they took armor making back 15 years. More of it seems similar to FX armor than to any of the current fan made kits. (And then they assembled them poorly.)

• Like 1

Finaly some nice trooper costumes. Looks 1000 times better to my eyes as this TFA stuff.

Nice to see they do it this way.

That's how a trooper should look. OT Style!

:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Edited by Turrican

On 12/29/2015 at 5:50 AM, Airborne Trooper said:

I bet Germain loves that forearm to bicep gap

---------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

You just need to be an on set consultant and get them where they need to be. I know this movie is suppose to take place right before ANH, but I don't think the transition from Clone Troopers to OT troopers needs to be this sloppy. They look like they have a mix of FX/AM2.0 armor that was not even bothered to tailor to the wearer. 

• Like 1

It would have been so easy for their production team to tap the dozens of 501st members who have vast knowledge of the OT armor. Even if they wanted to change it afterward, it would have been a great place to start.  What a huge missed opportunity.