New Star Wars Rebels Stormtrooper blaster

Hex-PC

Starting out making my first Hasbro conversion I chanced upon this on amazon.co.uk, It wasn't much Â£15.39 + £6.90 delivery so I gave it a chance and was quite pleasantly surprised when It arrived...

It came just stuck threw a piece of cardboard, so the packaging (If you can call it that) is pretty basic

w1X4waV.jpg

There is no lights or sound but it's a pretty good starting point I think, here are a few more pictures

lzOfN1t.jpg 

SCJ0JCn.jpg

xDVHvxT.jpg

VDQ38ZF.jpg

Here is it alongside my Hasbro blaster I'm converting

dkQqIjP.jpg

Apart from the T-rails most of the rest is pretty accurate, there are a few little things, like no cocking handle and no slot the cocking handle rides on, no bayonet lug, although they did remember to not have a hole marked under where the bayonet lug fits. Also the sight is a little wrong, the front of the sight seems to blend into the rest of the sight instead of join on to the end. The selection switch also isn't there. The magazine is a little wrong and no power cylinders.

Anyway here are a few more photos

dn6Dz2t.jpg

bPikljb.jpg

The seems are a bit open, but It's joined together with screws, begging disassembley and modding

41FZH6p.jpg

I'll be modding this after my Hasbro, well I may do it at the same time :-)

I have 2 myself I am doing a mod on... Took them apart and then cut the rails and such so that the open areas are open.. After paint,I think I will glue and screw them back together as they stripped a few screws.. The magazine will come out with some work for paint as well..

Barclay

I started this project myself with the SW rebels NERF blaster....  Needing a smaller then average speaker for the hasbro sound card witch does not really fit well inside this blaster.. what size is your blaster compaired to the nerf blaster?

It breaks down into 4 parts, by removing the screws, the magazine is held in with glue, mine came off easily (In fact it came off without any effort at all), the Hengstler counter is held on with 2 screws on the inside.

GvhTP9m.jpg

nirPVyi.jpg

• 8 months later...

Actually this is not a new blaster, it's from the exact same mold Rubies has been using for a few years now. Aside from a slightly different paint job the packaging is the only thing that has changed, yet again. Prior to this Rebels packaging, Disney had Rubies use The Force Awakens promotional art (Kylo Ren's face) which doesn't really make sense as this blaster is based on ANH E-11 not a TFA FD-11. But I assume this was done for the same reason everything else Star Wars had that same image of Kylo Ren's face on it; For promotion purposes, the film was being released at the time. Prior to the TFA packaging I believe it was just a generic Star Wars logo with a picture of a Stormtrooper costume on it. But the blaster itself and the mold it's from is nothing new.

Here is a Rubies E-11 build with the TFA version packaging instead of Rebels; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/36146-rubies-e-11-build/