DroidHunter's DD resin E11 build

DroidHunter

Yep. Another Doopydoos build! I've been waiting a year and a half to upgrade from the partially modified Hasbro I built a decade ago, and I finally made the plunge. Just over 2 weeks after ordering and the little brown box came today!

It will probably take a few days to get started here. But had to start with the arrival of infamous package. Pics to come soon.

Zb7dJBU.jpg

FGGlA75.jpg

Fs9GvkU.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

LOL. Thanks very much, Scott :D Not sure if Bill would want to wait a few more weeks before finally starting on this...?!?

Considering the time to get through my current waiting list and shipping time to the US, might mean to wait until end of August or early September...

@ Bill (DroidHunter): However, if you want me to put you on the waiting list, just send me a PM ;) If not, I fully understand because for many of us it's hard to restrain themselves when it comes to start building. :D

• Like 1

Wow. Not sure what happened here, but there is nothing left of the cast of the hex bolts here. Good thing I already bought 4 real hex screws to replace them and the one in the handle. I assume for the front two, you cut off the head of the screw and glue it in?
nUDfHnQ.jpg

I may have missed this in other parts, but has the resin barrel always been cast over the black plastic tube?
TxOtNyr.jpg

Interesting to see how the front end has changed in the last 15 months, comparing pics from T-Jay to current purchases by =Sv3= and myself. Aside from the bad pull in mine as far as the hex screws are concerned, you can see the new mold has a totally different shape in the front compared to a year ago.

zQMRP29.jpg

sPJgDvq.jpg

tlMXIY2.jpg

LOL. Thanks very much, Scott :D Not sure if Bill would want to wait a few more weeks before finally starting on this...?!?

Considering the time to get through my current waiting list and shipping time to the US, might mean to wait until end of August or early September...

@ Bill (DroidHunter): However, if you want me to put you on the waiting list, just send me a PM ;) If not, I fully understand because for many of us it's hard to restrain themselves when it comes to start building. :D

I wish I could but I'm tapped out right now. It's an awesome kit you have. I'll let you know if my situation changes, but thanks for chiming in here.

• Like 1

(...)   Aside from the bad pull in mine as far as the hex screws are concerned, you can see the new mold has a totally different shape in the front compared to a year ago.

Good eye noticing the nozzle evolution, it's really improved even with the infamous hex blobs. That's how they all come btw. Yours doesn't look softer than mine from very recently too. Unless I just can't tell!

Maybe the mold from DoopyDoo's got tired meanwhile. Not sure. However, there are 2 ways to carefully "sharpen" the edges on the front muzzle again:

1 - Drill into the center hole by using a drill bit, that is just a little bit bigger than the current hole. You can do the same on the hex screws.

2 - Sand down a tiny little bit of the "face" on the front muzzle itself.

This will result in getting sharper details there, but don't remove too much resin... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Took a much needed vacation, and have been focused on finishing my daugher's Jawa so this was on the back burner for a bit. I gave everything a good warm soapy bath, then gently trimmed out the trigger from the trigger guard and separated the pieces that needed separating. Next job is to sand everthing down. I also got my hex bolts to replace the muzzle and grip molded bolts.

BatZ1Bj.jpg

SrxcBKs.jpgtrEjSV7.jpg