Allan1313's Phoenix Props E11 build

allan1313

So this arrived the mail mail today after a boat ride from Germany.

g8hOYRM.jpg

gV9QCHv.jpg

I will be doing a Phoenix Props E11, thanks Dday, with a few little extras.

So I was able to acquire a real sterling folding stock. I have done a little work on that already.

y3blFQw.jpg

Got most of the excess steel out of there.

7jLMwXe.jpg

I also have a new Disney stormtrooper blaster that I will use for electronics.

94Abpgt.jpg

vkl8cUl.jpg

I am looking forward to the build. But I certainly will not be moving as fast as VulpX and.Captain_Wordo.

Stay tuned.

• Like 4

Awesome, glad you got the kit and it was in one piece... well about 30 pieces give or take, but those pieces were in the condition they should be  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

Beautiful. I'm convinced Disney had this in mind from the drawing board, it's too perfect! The DVH bolt I have is already hollowed out, so you've quelled my fears about ruining it by trying this. Careful not to snap their crappy wires😉

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

Beautiful. I'm convinced Disney had this in mind from the drawing board, it's too perfect! The DVH bolt I have is already hollowed out, so you've quelled my fears about ruining it by trying this. Careful not to snap their crappy wires😉

Thanks. Yeah the Disney blaster is so simple it made it very easy.

Thanks. Yeah the Disney blaster is so simple it made it very easy.

I love it when people integrate this type of stuff into the blasters. It really eases peoples fears about making these builds and adding in new mods.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, it's been awhile since I last posted. I took a bit of a break because I was apprehensive about doing the trigger. I decided to enlist the help of my father, a retired engineer.

Of course I forgot to take some in progress shots, but this is what we came up with.

We made a new trigger out of some rosewood since we needed it to be longer to have a pivot point. We then drilled out an area for the trigger movement. Added a screw(which will be cleaned up later) for the pivot point and a spring from a pen.

ONHhYIy.jpg

aHtC7O8.jpg

1PTGj1R.jpg

Now to decide where to put the selector switch. Open to some ideas if you have them.

If you can make enough space in the handle, you might be able to drop in a 3 position rotary switch. It's a real easy conversion with the dsny guts. I have pics and details in my howto if you need convincing :)

I like what you did there, but that switch certainly wouldn't fit without gutting it pretty bad. I like the idea. I am going to look for something a bit smaller.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been awhile since I updated my progress. I have finally gotten some time to work on it. I should have it completed in the not too distant future.

Did a little work on the scope.

S9ezxpT.jpg

pNVOPec.jpg

I had some bubbles/pitting on some parts so I tried some green stuff for the first time.

1tnefSF.jpg

Next I hit the pieces with some primer.

vckvABX.jpg

After that was some flat black.

kO0SaKD.jpg

dlurcv8.jpg

The last update I have is some assembly of parts.

yCSpo5z.jpg

reDRNHS.jpg

My next step is to paint the bolt and do final assembly. I am doing the bolt last as that is where all my electronics are at. Once I am all done I will do a video as well so you guys can see what how it turned out with lights, sounds, and a sterling folding stock.

• Like 1

So I have another update for today. Here are some in progress pictures of the electronics.

tVFm7GV.jpg

5d8FsY1.jpg

Here is a picture showing where I placed the selector switch for laser/stun.

pZaMllL.jpg

I had to come up with something for the batteries (3×AAA). I got a cylindrical battery holder so I can place it in the tube and used some very flexible wires so I will be able to pull it out and replace the batteries when needed.

zeoQhkT.jpg

ZxGpzQg.jpg

This also shows the speaker held in place with an o-ring.

After that did some drilling on the scope rail and scope.

Throughout the process I hadn't painted the bolt since that's where the electronics were going, so I taped it off to paint that silver.

tmuCumU.jpg

More to come....

Next up was painting the handle gloss black, started with some primer.

CfBr5yp.jpg

I also affixed the folding stock. The real stock adds a lot of weight to the pipe/resin build.

CXWUjDW.jpg

• Like 2

Looking awesome! I like the new TFA F-11D blasters but just seeing E-11 kits being assembled, like yours, is always exciting. Can't beat that real-world weapon look! Keep up the great work!

• Like 2