AP bucket squint?

Hey all. I can assume why its there, but would like to hear it from far more learned people than I, so please pardon my ignorance. Why is the right eye on the AP bucket so warped? Is there any way to make it look less like its squinting, or is that a desired look for authenticity?

Thanks for any answers, guys! :D

That is the way they were in the movie. Other helmets corrected the error since I believe it was a production flaw. If you want to correct it you can heat the plastic and bend it in to match the left eye.

Yep, I also love the bump, but made it a little smaller with a hair dryer!! Took 5 minutes really ..

Check the before and after here:

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

I'm a proud owner of AP but after reading this thread decided it was time to reduce the bump. I have a heat iron for forming plastic that I borrowed from TK9323. I used that to flatten the bump some. My only problem with the bump is that it interferes with my vision. This of course all depends on how big your head is and mine is small. I got a big troop this weekend so I will be able to check out the difference then. I've had my armor finished since December 2007 but only in the past month have I gotten the helmet fitting properly. I had a lot of vision problems initially but I've got the helmet sitting pretty good now. One of my problems with fitting the helmet was that my chest and back plates were sitting too high and holding the helmet up too much. I'm short and have a short neck which caused a clearance issue with the body armor.