MTK armor question?

So after lurking here and at MEPD I finally pulled the trigger on the MTK sandtrooper armor since the price was right and I had to spend the money before the wife did. :D

Since this is my first build I was wondering how much modification needs to be done if any to the armor before it can be accepted into the 501st? I know it depends on the quality of work I do but is there any mods to the armor itself that needs to be done? I’ve read a lot of good reviews about the bucket and armor but I was just curious before I get too far along.  The armor should fit well on me since I’m 5’8 with a medium build.

I’m just nervous since it’s my first armor build.

Hey Jason and good choice in your armor selection.  MTK is great armor and Mike has made improvements to it every step of the way.  I got my armor in spring of 2014 and I know of 4 improvments that he has made since then to make his armor that much better. 

There are no mods that you will need to do to his armor.  It will all come down to your assembly.  There are multiple MTK build threads on this forum that will help guide you on your way.  Research them all and there are some great tips you will find.  Also don't be afraid to go onto trooperbay.com and view his videos on how to assemble stormtrooper armor.  The videos are a great guide to help get you started.  Then you may use techniques from those videos as well as what works for you. 

Good Luck and have fun!

Hey Jason and good choice in your armor selection.  MTK is great armor and Mike has made improvements to it every step of the way.  I got my armor in spring of 2014 and I know of 4 improvments that he has made since then to make his armor that much better. 

There are no mods that you will need to do to his armor.  It will all come down to your assembly.  There are multiple MTK build threads on this forum that will help guide you on your way.  Research them all and there are some great tips you will find.  Also don't be afraid to go onto trooperbay.com and view his videos on how to assemble stormtrooper armor.  The videos are a great guide to help get you started.  Then you may use techniques from those videos as well as what works for you. 

Good Luck and have fun!

Thanks Steve!  This takes some weight off my mind !

I've must have watched the TB videos about 1000 times and i've read some of the MTK builds but taking that first step "cutting" is a bit nerve racking but I'm ready.

Everyone is nervous before making their first cut. Like Steve said, research and take your time. Remove a little bit of plastic at a time, not one big cut. It's far easier to remove more than add some back.