Painting HIPS

crow86

So I recently picked up a set of armor from a fellow garrison member. I'm the 3rd to own it and the O.G. owner does not remember the maker. It's mostly assembled but it needs to be painted. For the folks here that have painted a set of HIPS armor, what type of paint have you used or what was your process to make it glossy. I will try and get some photos of it up tonight so hopefully someone can help me ID the maker of it.

My first armor was made from hips, it was CAP armor.  The paint was rust-oleum  gloss white and primer, but there is a newer version that works and looks great.  Its called rust-oleum universal paint and primer in one gloss white, it has modern spray tip that lays the paint down nicely. The can looks like a mini fire extinguisher. 

Take a picture of the ab section and kidney and post it. This will narrow down who the maker of the armor is.

Looks like scootches armor or some old CAP, ATA. These are good armors.  MOT armor is the one to avoid, its sold on ebay.  

After you get it painted you will have some nice armor.

• 2 months later...