Big Guy TK Armor Fitting, Can it work?

Hello!

I am new to the community, and I am looking for some testimonials kinda/sorta.

I am building a TK Armor set for myself and have a couple questions/concerns.

I am about 6'2" 250-260lbs, I have a rather larger butt and hips than most guys.

Are there any guys out there that are successfully trooping at this moment that have the same type of body style as me, or maybe even bigger that have successfully built and are wearing a TK suit? If you are, please post pictures of you in the suit, I would love to see to give me some confidence that im not building this suit for nothing.

Thanks!

I'm 6'2", 225 and just got approved in my AM armor. I had to do a lot of trimming to get it to fit.

post-22374-143861507245_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-22374-143878717484_thumb.jpg

At 225 I probably could have trimmed a 1/2" off the Ab and kidney plate.

Edited by Skypig

I'm 5'11, 255lbs. I have a gut more than anything else. I personally think that a TE derived armor did not fit me well. I needed to big of shims. Plus the chest plate looked like I was wearing a bra. I currently have a mix of RT and AM2

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I'm 6'0 and 240. I have wrestled my whole like so I have thick legs and I got EIB with AM armor. I upgraded to RT mod chest and back because it's wider.

You can search my user name and watch my build and updates.

The key is teaming with local garrison mates and getting help during the build. Every garrison has someone that is an expert at any given costume.

Yes, you can pull off a TK. It's not for nothing.

Absolutely!  You'll need to learn how to shim and use ABS paste, but there are plenty of posts on here about that.  Start with one of the larger armor kits like AM2 or RT-Mod, and you'll be well on your way!

The crappy thing is, I already bought a TE Kit, have it already cut out and the bucket is pretty much finished, So i feel like im gonna have to make this one work.

Hey Isaac, I actually just moved to Arizona, I went to a 501st meeting at the fired pie not too long ago, I bought my armor kit from Tristan, Jeff is going to help me with my armor build, if it can be done with a TE, I am looking to join the Dune Sea Garrison when my kit is all finished.