TK Commander Build - It's become a OCD thing

Elumusic

Strapping images.  

This on is the back plate.  The sides are strapped to the ab plate with snaps.  The bottom straps are elastic so I can pull it up like underwear and the top straps are standard strapping.  You can also see two snaps in the center at the top of the back plate.  These are for the suspender straps that go over my shoulders.

21224523570_a276929aac_z.jpg

21412599285_b91f3e1f50_z.jpg

The sides on the Commander armor are supposed to have rivets.  So I riveted the snaps to the armor for the side straps.

21386358416_4d29f14668_z.jpg

Chest plate also has snaps for suspender system.

21225712799_4bf98ab153_z.jpg

So with the suspenders snapped in it looks like this.

21224524150_3f3cbb6a5c_z.jpg

Edited by Elumusic
  • Like 1

Chest and back straps.

Snaps on chest plate.  I added elastic straps connected to the suspender system to snap the chest plate down.

20791539063_1ed4837d97_z.jpg

Here is the chest plate snapped to the suspenders.

21224776388_093dee69d9_z.jpg

Back plate similar.  Also snapped to the suspender system.

20789916054_381d642cae_z.jpg

Shoulders that connect the chest to the back are simple straps.  I added a center snap in the opposite direction to connect the shoulder bells.

21421040591_8a9743a4e8_z.jpg

20789911564_3ded17156c_z.jpg

So shoulders are now snapped.  The shoulder straps are glued in the front and velcroed down in the back.  

20789916794_f7fda392a2_z.jpg

Thighs to ab garter system.  Lots of guys make a garter belt that goes around the waist and snaps the thigh armor.  I wanted less strapping, so I opted for adding two sets of snaps in the ab plate to connect the thighs.

21224774708_c4840d789b_z.jpg

snap position in thigh armor.

21386377006_6418139f0a_z.jpg

21225728429_7ecc43173f_z.jpg

21412614865_0cacbff598_z.jpg

Wow looks amazing!!!! And thnx for showing!<br>

Did you use Velcro on the legs or hook method? To get the highest rang by the 501st it has to be the hook method. I don't know what is best

Edited by AthenaIII

Well, the hook and/or velcro methods are not referenced as a requirement for Centurion status. So I doubt that is true. From what I understand, these things really have nothing to do with the appearance of the armor but are more functional and up to the wearer. It would be the same for the strapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Elumusic

I used Velcro because it works better, It's like a solid hold and easier to put on based on all the posts I have seen.

That's true! This is what 501st say:

Thighs use the overlap construction method. Using the butt joint and cover strips is not accurate.

First I could find a lot about this method but now nothing!

The overlap method only refers to the way the armor is assembled.  it has nothing to do with velcro or hooks.  That is only for the back of the shin armor.  The overlap method is also only for Centurion Status.  You can get away with the butt joint method for basic entry level approval.

Oke! Tnx:). I want to go for the centurion status :D. <br>

How is the project going? Did you make the boots yourself or ordered it? <br>

I'm wondering if you paint the boots after or before the protection coat. Or after the projection coat than blue and than a protection coat....

The boots are from TK Boots. And as far as painting them I will spray paint them after I mask them off and then leave them. No protective coat. They need to get scuffed up.

• Like 1

So this weekend was adding some battle wear, scuffs and scratches.  I have yet to add some wear to the helmet and boots.  That will be the next thing that happens. The last thing is adding the holster to the belt.  I am trying to figure out if I want it to snap to the belt or if I want to make it permanent with rivets.  My concern is that snaps will fail and the blaster will fall to the ground.  

21165819833_48035b28ef_z.jpg

21165818883_d9b3c59e57_z.jpg

21598848440_cceeef9e08_z.jpg

21599026018_eae0f888c6_z.jpg

21598923418_8997f89b05_z.jpg

Wow looks nice!<br>

How did you do that? Bullet holes, the scratches and the grey stuff?! Looks amazing!!! You know that a commander may not have a holster right! You can make it wit buttons but may not on the belt!!!!

Edited by AthenaIII

I know the holster thing..... But it's so convenient not to have to carry a blaster around. I can get ESB with a holster. So I am mulling it around. I did the weathering with a mixture of grey and flat black with mineral spirits. Dabbed it with a brush and let it dry enough to smudge it with my fingers. Blast marks are painted with the same color and a fine brush. I pulled a reference from the Internet for the blast marks and it definitely helps to have an art background.

Edited by Elumusic