TK14421 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [ATA][490]

TK14421 requesting ANH Stunt EIB status [ATA]

Name: Dan Dalessio

TK ID: TK-14421

FISD: LaserBrain99

Garrison: New England Garrison

501st Status: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=17986

Armor = ATA

Helmet= ATA

Blaster= Hyperfirm

Height = 5'11"

Weight = 185lb

Boots = TK Boots

Canvas belt = TKittell

Hand Plates = Trooperbay

Neck Seal = Darman

Holster = Darman

Front – Arms at side

Z34Nu0g.jpg

Back – Arms at side

ph2FAYe.jpg

Left – Arm raised

7cpvllp.jpg

Right – Arm raised

HEIFJSC.jpg

Right Side Detail – Arm raised

BOUCvua.jpg

Left Side Detail – Arm raised

fCRsiRD.jpg

Abdomen Details

P1040311.JPG

Action Shot

ZGUzK1p.jpg

Interior Strapping Front/Cod Attachment

P1040309.JPG

Interior Strapping Back/Butt Plate Attachment

P1040308.JPG

Shoulder Strap Detail

P1040312.JPG

Helmet

Helmet Front

P1040293.JPG

Helmet Side

P1040297.JPG

Helmet Back

P1040296.JPG

Hovi Tip Detail

P1040298.JPG

Lens Color (Backlit if required)

P1040300.JPG

Blaster – Left

UtCqUMW.jpg

Blaster – Right

O8Qo5C1.jpg

Blaster - D-ring

ymhaKyO.jpg

Neck Seal

P1040315.JPG

Thermal Detonator – Front

P1040307.JPG

Thermal Detonator – Screw Detail

P1040306.JPG

Thermal Detonator – Back

P1040305.JPG

Holster Attachment

NvIV6T6.jpg

Bucket off

Z4sq3NZ.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Quality build.

If I could make one comment it would be on your lack of overlap from your chest onto your ab. You seem to be riding high on the chest.

If I could make two comments it would be the back of your right ear. Do you still have the spare that came with your kit? I don't think it will hold you back on EIB but if you have the option of replacing it, then why not.

If you have cut up both sets of ears and still want to swap it out, send me a pm and you can have my spare set.

Again, nice work, quality build.

Hey Dan.  Things are looking good but if I were to give you any advice it would be to raise up your dropboxes.  They should pretty much be touching your belt.  Also it looks like your biceps and forearms are rotated outwards.  The thumb imprint should be towards your body.  Good Luck!

Also it looks like your biceps and forearms are rotated outwards.  The thumb imprint should be towards your body.  Good Luck!

Noted.  This is one of the downsides to having a wrangler/photographer/wife who has no idea what "right" looks like.  

She said, "Now you know what it's like when I ask you how my outfit looks...."  Oh boy. 

Also, you might want to recheck the ab buttons. They look a bit large.

Maybe a tiny bit. 

ArmourandHelmetHumbrolPaintColours_.jpg

Quality build.

If I could make one comment it would be on your lack of overlap from your chest onto your ab. You seem to be riding high on the chest.

Again, nice work, quality build.

I see what you mean. I'll take a look at that tonight. (I'm trooping the Weird Al concert.)

With the help of a more experienced wrangler, I'll see if I can get some new photos, but the lighting in those dressing rooms can be less than desirable.

Very tidy build, Id expect a pass here! Well done.

Gazmosis is away until next weekend so sit tight and enjoy a job well done!

It's going to be a long week. :)

You have the making of a centurion build here, don't stop at EIB. Ok, my OCD wants to reach out and pull and twist your armor. Can I throw in just some simple ideas that will make your armor spectacular... Edit: MORE spectacular!

I would shorten the shoulder bell straps to bring the tops of the shoulder bells up to your shoulder bridges. Also mount the strap slightly forward to help bring the bells naturally forward. As was mentioned your biceps need to be rotated which will also rotate the bells forward closing up the gap between bell/chest.

Now, this a pet peeve OCD thing of mine. "Knock-knees". Almost everyone has KK armor (see you bucket off photo). Put some foam in the bottom outside of your thighs to bring them back to center over your knees. The difference in the look is astonishing . Also foam behind your thigh to pull it back so the knee plate doesn't get stuck under the thigh.

Check the left and right side gaps/overlaps of kidney/ab plates. On the right you can glue in a tab and slot deal that locks the two pieces in perfect alignment.

Ok hope I don't make you dizzy but your armor is just too close to perfect not to OCD all over it !

I would be proud to troop with you anytime and congratulations on your future EIB (and centurion) awards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by russellr2d2
  • Like 2

Hey Dan great looking ATA sir.  :jc_doublethumbup:

In addition to the chest plate and bicep positions (already mentioned) you'll need to reduce your left side gap to 1/2" or less also. Everything else is good for EIB.

As for the Centurion adjustments we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Yea I'm getting all OCD excited about another great ATA TK coming to life!!!

And that what makes you a dang good armor builder.  ;)

Edited by ukswrath

You have the making of a centurion build here, don't stop at EIB.

Assuming this goes well, I don't see anything stopping me from attempting Centurion. :fingerscrossed:

Ok, my OCD wants to reach out and pull and twist your armor. Can I throw in just some simple ideas that will make your armor spectacular... Edit: MORE spectacular!

I would shorten the shoulder bell straps to bring the tops of the shoulder bells up to your shoulder bridges. Also mount the strap slightly forward to help bring the bells naturally forward. As was mentioned your biceps need to be rotated which will also rotate the bells forward closing up the gap between bell/chest.

I love it. I'll see what I can do with my shoulders. They've been bugging me by getting out of alignment, particularly after I raise my arms, like when I put on my bucket.

Now, this a pet peeve OCD thing of mine. "Knock-knees". Almost everyone has KK armor (see you bucket off photo). Put some foam in the bottom outside of your thighs to bring them back to center over your knees. The difference in the look is astonishing . Also foam behind your thigh to pull it back so the knee plate doesn't get stuck under the thigh.

Yes! This bugs me too! The knock-kneed look comes from the thighs, you say? I've been trying to correct it by adjusting my shins and getting nowhere. I have foam and double-stick tape in my kit. I'll see if I can give that a try tonight.

Check the left and right side gaps/overlaps of kidney/ab plates. On the right you can glue in a tab and slot deal that locks the two pieces in perfect alignment.

Sounds great. I'd love to see an example of this.

Ok hope I don't make you dizzy but your armor is just too close to perfect not to OCD all over it !

I would be proud to troop with you anytime and congratulations on your future EIB (and centurion) awards!

Thanks!

See my build thread page 16 for the right side closure & alignment tab thingy. Page 18 shows how I have switched out the fabric hinge for a rubber piece that seems to hold the two halves much better. I stole the rubber sheet from my tool box liner.

Soon EIB you will be!

Edited by russellr2d2

I had the same problem with the chest riding high, because of the screen-accurate strapping.  Here's what I did to fix it:

AnvSNwLl.jpg

I glued in snap plates on the inside of the chest and ab plates, then put the chest as low as it would go, measured the distance, and put in a canvas strap.  It's really in place now, with no risk of it coming up and exposing my midsection! Good luck on EIB an then turning around for Centurion!

Mr. Dan!! Thank you for applying for Expert Infantry!! Let's have a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted and your armor displays all necessary details to qualify for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Note: Left side gap between the kidney and ab is the maximum allowable gap for EIB. 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, I will discuss observations made by both your fellow troopers and myself. should any of these observations require changes, I will list those in the Centurion section below.

First off, nice over build. Solid! Good incorporation of the original strapping brackets.

The troopers out there are sharp. There are a few things they brought up which I agree with as well as a couple things I noted.

First, you have quite a bit of return edge on the portion of your chest under your arm. Although return edge should be present here, it should not be as enthusiastic as you have it. I have made a recommendation in red here:post-12041-0-39597200-1439406395_thumb.jpg

The best guide to proper bicep position is the molded ridges in the shoulders, biceps and forearms. All 3 ridges should align. post-12041-0-49639600-1439406498_thumb.jpg

The gap bewteen your belt and the drop boxes was brought up. Although it is most popular to see these right up against the belt bottom as Steve pointed out, I will accept gap here that is about the width of a pencil like you have it. 

Finally, just for aesthetic purposes, you should probably mix up some ABS past to fill in those holes left from your first mounting position of your ab brackets. Sorry those didn't align with the chest ones on your first attempt.  :( 

Centurion Suggestions:

Although I try to see and point out everything, the final Centurion accuracy is up to the trooper.

It would surprise me to NOT see a Centurion application from you. I'd like you to make a couple adjustments  prior to applying to bring your armor to that stellar level.

First, I agree that your ab buttons are a bit large. Though the buttons should be there, they should should not take center stage and draw your eye to them. Reducing them to around 12 MM (1/2 inch) will make them appear less cartoon like. If you dip a bush in alittle thinner, dab off the excess, you can massage the edges until the paint begins to come off. Clean the brush often and you will be there in no time.

You will need to remove all side gap. Because of the overlap you have on the right side (I will touch on that more in a second) you have the room to shift your kidney to make this seam come together. I would replace the left side elastic with nylon so you don;t get the stretch unless a shift in the kidney and a belt tightening will do it by itself.

I would like to see this overlap aligned better to create a single, vertical seam rather than overlap. And doesn't that corner (circled in yellow) eat into your ribs?? OUCHIE!!post-12041-0-08069400-1439407189_thumb.jpg

While you are working on the kidney, you will need to incorporate the kidney notches at the lower front corner.

This could be just a slight adjustment in wearing them, but please make sure in your Centurion photos that your shoulder bells are up closer to your shoulder bridges. 

Lastly, Hyperfirm has always been enthusiastic when it comes to weathering their scopes. A tiny tube of acrylic black paint will tame the gold to make it more believable. 

Congratulations again!! These little adjustments should take you much time at all. You are a talented trooper and this will look incredible when you are finished. 

Woo hoo! Another EIB Trooper! And look your review is all about Centurion already....but wait!! Go ask for your EIB certificate and print it out and frame it and hang it on the wall then grab a beer and a chair and just look at it for a spell until your wife asks if there is anything the matter

Well earned Trooper Dan!

Edited by russellr2d2