The "Prop Store" Selling a Fake E-11?

CommanderZel

https://www.facebook.com/PropStore/photos/a.1009003935799606.1073741990.104664682900207/1009566675743332/?type=1

This isn't E-Bay, but a page I follow on Facebook posted this today and it looks to me like a fake "screen-used" blaster because of the muzzle, rear sight, and power cylinders. As far as I know, all screen-used blasters had their power cylinders removed to be recycled. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't selling it for $30,000. Anybody with more knowledge of the E-11 have other info on this?

Hmmm...

It's a Bapty (solid aluminum rear body - look at the rear sight), it has Master Replicas T-Track (reshaped and not screen accurate), the muzzle looks wrong (missing smaller diameter bayonet mounting cylinder at the front), the counter looks crooked and the power cylinders are lacking detail (missing cylinder wings and maybe more).

There may be more wrong, but this is what I can see in the single picture on FB.

If somebody can afford this questionable prop, I'll offer to make it screen accurate for another $10,000.  I'll even include a certificate of authenticity for my work...  :)

• Like 3

That's kind of what I thought. I'd picked up on a few of those details, but I just ignored the power cylinders because to my knowledge they shouldn't be there on a screen-used blaster. It's my understanding that all the screen-used blasters had their power cylinders removed after the production was completed.

At any rate, I just don't want someone to get conned like this.

The only blasters in ANH that were labelled as "hero" blasters were the actual blank firing weapons which this clearly is not. Yet another example of sellers on Ebay that will say anything to get someone to open their wallet or swipe that card

Nothing wrong with retro-fitting power cylinders to a production made bapty. If you can't identify it on screen it's near impossible to restore it to whatever condition it was in on screen. Ergo, "might as well make it look cool instead".

Technically speaking all blasters used in anh are baptys. But generally speaking we're talking about the deactivated ones made for export to Tunisia to allow them to film as "baptys".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk