White foam is purchased at craft and art stores such as Michaels. It is a sheet about 11"square (?) and 1/8" thick. It is made of a type of foam and is sort of soft and a little bendy. You can cut pieces to wrap around your arms and legs. You can cut pieces to make chest armor and the belt and other parts.

HOWEVER I hate to be a poop but it is not very easy to do this. It takes a LOT of time and research online for White Foam Stormtrooper Armor. If you think you can spend most of the rest of your summer to make this and really be detailed you can make a nice suit in time for Halloween. The helmet you have to buy.

Think about it before you start. It is a big deal kind of project. It will take some money too.

Good luck!!! Hope to see you suit up someday even if it is in the future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The foam you can use for your armor is call L 200.  It is available online in different thicknesses, colors, and sheet sizes, and is used a lot by people who make movie costumes. It is fairly inexpensive if you order it online from a dealer.  You could try Googling L200 craft foam, or go to a site like www.foamart.com.  Hope this helps!

Edited by justjoseph63

This is your third thread you have started about the same thing. Please stop it. Keep posting in your existing threads instead of starting new ones.

You need to be patient, Liam.. Just because you don't get an immediate response does not mean you have been forgotten.  Like Mathias said, you need to keep everything on one thread, which actually makes it easier for people to keep up with your topic, and answer your questions accordingly.  The more threads you start, the less likely people will answer them...

Edited by justjoseph63

You need to be patient, Liam.. Just because you don't get an immediate response does not mean you have been forgotten.  Like Mathias said, you need to keep everything on one thread, which actually makes it easier for people to keep up with your topic, and answer your questions accordingly.  The more threads you start, the less likely people will answer them...

Ok sorry I'll start keeping everything in one thread

Alright, Liam. This is it in a nutshell. You want affordable stormtrooper armor that looks good but will fit your 11 year old body and your 11 year old budget.  There are kits available that might fit you. However, there is VERY LITTLE on this sight that would be considered affordable from an 11 year old's perspective. That small persons kit will run you about $400 delivered and that does not include all the extras you will need which can add up to an additional $200-$400. Please don;t just drop money on a budget suit you might find on Ebay. Think about the fact that most adult suits like the ones found here are designed to fit someone 5' 8" and up. If you are not that tall, the suit will require major modifications. 

This website focuses around the 501st Legion. We are required by the 501st to make our costumes "appear as close to the original costumes in person as they appeared on screen". We do not take shortcuts here and know that our hobby is an expensive one. 

If I go onto a Ferrari website and say "Hi guys! I am looking for a great looking, great running, fast Ferrari really cheap" I am not going be very lucky in achieving my goal. Because that kind of thing just doesn't exist.  A "cheap Ferrari is still $80,000.

• Like 3

-------------

I posted this link in your last thread, and still think it is your best option. If you want to do hard plastic armor that is movie accurate for little money, its not going to happen. We all would do that if we could. You have straike a balance between time, money and expectations. Craft foam is not very expensive, and you can get it at most craft stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. To get a good start, all you need is lots of foam, scissors, glue and some templates (or blueprints) to work from. Also make sure you have some good pictures from the movies available to use as a guide. Lots of pictures here you can make use of. Look at pictures of troopers submitting for Expert Infantry and Centurion status to see large pictures of screen accurate armor.

Try to be patient. Don't think that you can accompish this in 1 day or even 1 week. Start now and aim for Halloween.

The helmet is harder. That was a nice cardboard build in the video you posted, but its not nearly as easy or cheap as it looks. It's a variation on something known as Pepkura which involves building 3D models out of paper or card stock. You may want to look into finding an old Don Post helmet, but that will cost some money. Keep researching. Try to think creatively. Heck, you could buy one of the Stormtrooper voicechanger masks from the Disney Store and enclose the back of it with a painted batting helmet. (Something like this: http://www.instructables.com/id/Kids-Stormtrooper-Costume/) Again, it will be a matter of cost versus accuracy and how much time you want to spend on it.

Read this thread:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31324-tk-jr-astyanaxs-foamtrooper-kids-armor-project/

FKGTXFDG1BBDJG8.jpg?auto=webp&frame=1&wi

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 2