Another little girl bullied for liking Star Wars

gazmosis

Oh, and check out who made the front page of the Legion website: http://www.501st.com/

Also featured on the Legion Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/The501stLegion

• Like 3

I saw this on facebook and it has really inspired me to join the 501st. When talking about Star Wars, so many of my coworkers have laughed at me for the idea of joining. Her story as really made me proud and inspired me to purchase a uniform and get out there to help others. Amazing story and a community I would love to be a part of. Awesome job from all those who helped her out and supported her!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of the reasons why I absolutely love being a member of the 501st. Helping people and being there for them is what it's all about. I love seeing the look on a kid's face when they see us at a troop and they are dying to have their picture taken.

Edited by Bulldog1653
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

ok after months of collecting I received the last entry the other day and brought the big brown envelope full of surprises to the post office.

I hope it arrives complete, unharmed, quick and everything;)

I know it´s way later than everyone else but it took some time to get everything and stuff ;)

thanks for the help I had in making it happen - that´s why I want to join :)

• Like 2

Kids getting bullied for liking Star Wars just baffles me. Especially in these times where Comic and sci-fi conventions are growing by leaps and bounds. Cosplaying is booming like crazy and this stuff still happens. I was picked on as a kid for liking Star Wars, although, if you were to see me now, you would never guess it. Haha!

I'm glad we have the program that passes the TK suit around to kids who are getting picked on, so they can become stormtroopers and get the bullying turned around to cheers and admiration for what they are doing and overcoming!

Thanks all!!

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1