Another little girl bullied for liking Star Wars

gazmosis

It is a sad reality, but sometimes kids can be so mean to one another. Thankfully, this detachment came through a few years back to help little Katie Goldman by building her a Stormtrooper suit with all the trimmings and made her dreams of becoming a Stormtrooper come true. The armor served its purpose again by helping heal the emotional wounds that were caused by bullying the daughter (Allison Jorgensen) of our former LCO. Now it has come to our attention that little Layla Murphy of Norfolk, Virginia is going through the same thing. The armor will have its chance to serve its purpose once again! The armor has been shipped to our own Brian Robinson (tkrestonva). He will then hook up with the local Garrison to help this little girl suit up. The GCO in that area has already been notified. 

Her address is on this link should anyone want to send her a card or other means of support.

http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87569

Thanks to all who came together originally to help make this program available to little troopers all over!!! You guys are heros!!!

• Like 10

In the mail today!  "Troopers helping Troopers"... (Even tiny ones)!  Still awaiting my Garrison patches, but for anyone else that has one to spare, I think it might be a nice gesture to send her one, and show our support.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

With this sad fact becoming more prevalent would it be possible for the FISD to engage the scum in some sort of campaign against bullying? So many kids just need encouragement to stand up against this threat. I know I'm new, heck I don't even have my armor yet, so forgive if I'm out of line with this post but what a way to reach and be an encouraging force behind kids who have to go through this. Nothing like a line of white armor and E11's to chase away the bad guys....brings back a picture of a bunch of rebel scum fleeing from some TKs in a ship called the Tantitive IV.

• Like 1

I´m not a 501st member yet but teamed up with some German friends of which some are approved already. We´re collecting some little bits and pieces of encouragement and love for Layla and we´ll send it over as soon as everything´s arrived. I just HAD to grab them and they were instant all in.

I do like Peter´s idea there...

• Like 1

ah well I hope so Joseph but idk really... I mean... THIS is what it´s all about after all (ok yeah along with wearing awesome armour and uniforms...*coughs*) so I try to spread the word, help out and poke people within my possibilities. I´m glad to have some ..very helpful contacts for pretty much every idea, situation and mischief already so yeah there´s some plotting and planning happening already and I help out as a handler, make sure the bucket-wearers don´t run into things or get lost... stuff like that

Plus this is a very personal topic for me so yeah I poked my friends and well yeah... we´re in ;)

• Like 1

"Bad guys doing good" and "troopers helping troopers"! Bringing joy to folks is why I want to suit up. Seeing the various troops, especially the ones to children and in hospitals, really makes this worth wild and something I want to be part of.

• Like 2

I got a chance to meet Layla at the zoo on my first troop.  She was a really cool little girl!  Tons of heart, too.  Looking forward to having her join the ranks of Stormtroopers!

• Like 1

Everybody does Eric... (Every thinking person that is)

Received the first items and will spread the word a bit more. Because I won´t see some of the participants until late September I´ll wait and send it  around Oct 1st.

Very cool offer, Peter!  I already sent her a "care package", and would be happy to put it in another package and forward it to her if you like, (and take care of the postage).  Just PM me for my info., and I'll get that out to her as soon as I get it.  I am sure she will appreciate it...it looks like you will be a great addition to your Garrison once you get your TK number.  All the best on your TK journey!

• Like 2

Please take a look if you haven't heard!!! http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=87569&p=1101988#p1101988

Layla was a true hero!! Thank you once again to our own Brian Robinson for being custodian of the armor and making sure it reached its destination safely and to all the members of Garrison Tyranus for making this happen for her. Most of all, credit goes out to all the members of the FISD who's donations, building efforts and care made this program what it is and made it possible. 

• Like 1

Copied from Jason Tuttle's thread on the Legion board ...

We made the presentation to Layla today and she was inducted into the GA.

Please welcome CTK 1575!

Brian Robinson "tkrestonva" TK 2918, Garrison Tyranus/FISD, suiting Layla up for the first time:
11701237_1010330375645469_20360116155888

Jason Tuttle "Turtle" RC 3962, Garrison Tyranus/CTD, Cadet Layla CTK 1575, Padawan Nicole:
11825701_1010330735645433_84813672448401

Cadet Layla CTK 1575, at her first official troop with members of Garrison Tyranus at the Weird Al Concert in Newport News, VA:
11215528_10152619504079364_8789203322425

I would like to take this moment to thank each and everyone of you that has lent their support to this lil'trooper. All the letters, trading cards, stickers, postcards, costumes. I saw them all today. This here is why I joined the Legion almost four years ago.

I would also like to personally thank Legion, FISD, and GA command for bestowing this honor unto Layla, you all made the dreams of a little girl come true and proved to her that Star Wars is for everyone and thus empowered her to stand up to her bullies.

Lastly, I would like to thank the members of my garrison, Garrison Tyranus, for working together as a garrison and with the various commands to pull this presentation off.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank you.

Jason S. Tuttle
RC-3962 "Turtle"
Garrison Tyranus

• Like 5