• Helmet = MTK
  • Blaster = DoopyDoos Full Resin kit
  • Boots = TKboots
  • Canvas belt = MammaSith
  • Hand Plates = Trooperbay ANH stunt white rubber
  • Electronics= Aker + iComm + Mp3 player
  • Neck Seal = MammaSith
  • Holster = MammaSith

Costume build thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28871-altairs-mtk-anh-stunt-build

Blaster build thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29688-altairs-resin-doopydoos-e11-build/

Photos

Full Body

Front - Arms at side

d4wWzXP.jpg

Back - Arms at side

9gDwWAg.jpg

Left - Arm raised

aUek0em.jpg

Right - Arm raised

PAValm0.jpg

Right side detail - Arm raised

wTZQPgv.jpg

Left side detail - Arm raised

utKe2Xb.jpg

Action Shot

Ob0Y1ws.jpg

Armor Details

Abdomen Details

Kh1VMKm.jpg

Hand Plates

ZJQNIUB.jpg

Shoulder Bridge Back

33ZtHUN.jpg

Shoulder Bride Front

vTDfoPc.jpg

Back/Chest Connection

OYjMpxU.jpg

Thigh Pack Attachment

oiEUvg9.jpg

o5DDPvG.jpg

Knee Plate

Cogi16H.jpg

j9pFHqK.jpg

Drop Box Back

X6YT3Ky.jpg

Cod and Butt plate attachment

sWINJKN.jpg

Interior strapping

aac8igS.jpg

Kidney Plate Notch

ZcfTbGs.jpg

hpaW9na.jpg

Wrist side of forearms

ToAUapj.jpg

Helmet Details

Front

MFDmfQq.jpg

Sides

NPq2452.jpg

yajUKjP.jpg

Back

BEBBmos.jpg

Hovi Tip Detail

vImVkSa.jpg

Lens Color

U8d78r3.jpg

S-Trim

auXd2aL.jpg

Blaster Details

Blaster - Left

tTNxOGD.jpg

Blaster - Right

W94KryG.jpg

Accessory Details

Neck Seal

Zk4Yt5K.jpg

Thermal Detonator - back

6evngyA.jpg

4MGCf5G.jpg

Holster Attachment

13WE1h9.jpg

Edited by Altair

Clarification from EIB thread:

I had to use 35mm cover strips for the rear in order to close the gap towards the top of the thighs and have enough surface on the cover strip each side for gluing.

mD0RC5z.jpg

Thermal det is approx 185mm in total length

End caps are 17mm wide (largest I could go to avoid flaring at the ends)

There is a 13.5mm gap between the control panel and end caps

Control panel is approx 124mm in length

Clips are 25mm wide

x3v3XKm.jpg

Thanks Mate.

Blaster D-Ring

tODYD00.jpg

Also further AB detail which was hidden in original pics - A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

4rUoOUT.jpg

Really nice.  On the rear coverstrips, it does look like you have some room to still close it up with smaller ones if you wanted.  Looks like plenty of overlap on the gap you needed to close.  Also for the helmet- are those regular decals or the Dave M handpainted style?  They almost look too good. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

Good luck, John!

BTW, your blaster build thread was excellent! I used it as a step-by-step on how to build mine and incorporate T-jay's mod kit.

Glad to see you going for your Centurion!

• Like 1

HI there, John!!

Thank you for this great Centurion application! Let's not waste any more time and get to it!!!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements: All required photos have been submitted.  This armor set contains all the required details needed to qualify for the Centurion badge. With much pleasure, I both congratulate and welcome you to Centurion!!

Other-Armor Fit/ Assembly: In this section, the final look of your armor will be discussed through observations by myself and your fellow troopers. 

I am loving MTK more and more. Sets like John's add fuel to that fire. This is just splendid. Just nice, detailed work all around!! 

There was mention of the Dave M decals looking a bit too perfect. The only part of that decal set that can really be compared to that are the temple traps. The rear trap outline curves and swoops a lot especially at the bottom, The outline of the tears are bit wonky and the vent lines within the tears are very "hand painted" looking. Though the rear vent lines are pretty straight, they were like that on the originals as well.post-12041-0-50887300-1438186624_thumb.jpg The tube stripes that come with that set also jump around a bit especially towards the frown. 

One of my main concerns I originally had with this armor was the extra width on the rear cover strips. I can see from the fit of the thighs that there is no extra room to take these down and from the gap in the pic shown, this was necessary. I am not requiring a change here, but an option for people dealing with this in the future is the use of an inside connection strip. Typically, this gap is only at the top as in the case with yours. You have also used an inside strip but what can be done is to cut a strip and place it onto the connecting strip to occupy the low spot between the thigh halves. the cover strip can be glued to this center fill portion rather than the outside edge. This was the cover strip can be cut to be almost exactly the width of the gap itself. Now this will only work should we be talking about a few MM to be covered. Any wider and I would suggest shimming with some ABS paste work. There will always be difference to me between marginally wider cover strips and ones that are more than 30 or 40 Centimeters. Shims should be considered if your strips are running that wide.

The fact that John kept the calf closures the same as the rear thighs balances that out.

Congratulations again!! It would be an honor to troop beside you!!

Thanks everyone not only for the kind words but the advice I have received throughout this build. FISD rocks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations John and welcome to the ranks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Centurions are slowly growing in the Redback Garrison, and we have a couple more in the process of building to the rank. Very exciting times indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations from "upside-down"-Europe to "down-under"-Australia ;). Great you're now joining the ranks. A very nice build, accurate and clean. You shall be happy and proud of it. :duim: