Voice amps, sweat and water-proofing

I recently got a voice amp unit, it's not an Aker but it's about the same size.  I want to put it under my chest armor, either front or back I haven't yet decided.  My biggest concern is how much I frequently sweat during an average troop.  I was looking for suggestions about the best possible placement and/or waterproofing or ways to avoid damage due to sweat.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

In theater we use unlubricated condoms. A little adult, maybe, and a little embarassing to purchase, but they work great. We strap our transmitters to belts that we wear against our skin (usually on our backs), and on stage you get VERY sweaty. I've done many shows with the condom/mic combo, and it works really well.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have my Aker in my chest pointing toward the armor.  I also have a round piece of foam covering the speaker.  It cuts down the feedback a little and takes some tinniness out of the audio.  It's still loud enough.  I've not had a problem with moisture and I've used it for a few years now.