e5fab357-9a23-4671-9366-94c4299f28ae_zps

Thermal Detonator

DSC_0409_zpsfpfwfcdq.jpg

Holster Attachment

DSC_0410_zpstuk9lzzp.jpg

Action Shot

DSC_0435_zpsrm9pqpbx.jpg

Edited by Racasey06

Looking good. Just a couple things that you may or may not want to address. All constructive criticism here.

First thing that I notice is the flaring outward of your side shims. Perhaps a couple tabs glued inside these will help keep them even with the ab.

The other was your shoulder bridges. Are they offset? One appears longer than the other from both front and back shots.

Just a couple of easy fixes that would accent all the hard work you've already done.

And not to not pick, but if you happened to hit up those Thermal Detonator screw heads with a touch of black paint it would be good.

Again nice build.

Edited by Coastertk

I hadn't noticed the shoulder straps...I'll have to take a peak at those for sure. I know that one that looks further down is very weak from moulding the rounded shape so that might have something to do with it. Thanks for the notes. It's all packed for a Weird Al show tonight so I'll work on those things later. Cheers!

Looking good, Jay gave some great advise!   Those side shims really need some bringing in.  Hide that seam with elbow grease and ABS paste!  Also on the back of either your shirt or your neck seal, is something painted or covered up?  

Good luck, enjoy Weird Al! 

Yes. It's an older shirt with some tape over an under armour logo. Since been replaced with a new shirt. I've read about paste Is it easy? I'm scared a bit.

Don't be afraid of the paste. It's going to be your new best friend. I hope you saved some cut off pieces.

Start by cutting some scrap ABS into tiny little pieces. The smaller the better. It helps if all your little pieces are around the same size.

Make enough to fill about 1/2 of a shot glass.

Next add some Acetone. Just enough to cover the shards, not drown them. It starts to work pretty quick. Turning your abs into a toothpaste consistency. Keep stirring. When you think the paste is ready use a Popsicle stick to apply to your seam.

Be sure to "prep" your seam by sanding down any high spots before applying paste.

Let it dry overnight. If you start sanding before all the Acetone has evaporated you will just end up smearing paste instead of removing it.

Once cured, start sanding. 60grit, then 180, then 320, and I finished with 1000grit. Follow up with Novex plastic polish 1 2 and 3 and you are done.

2 days and no one will ever tell you had a seam to begin with.

Hello Ryan and thank you applying to join the ranks of other EIB quality armor!! Let's have a look!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos have been posted. Your armor contains all the necessary elements required for EIB. Congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section I will go over observations made by your fellow troopers as well as my own. Sometimes these observations may lead to a suggestion for a repair or adjustment. If these are required, I will list those in the Centurion section or they would have been listed above. 

First off, nice work on your overall build. It looks well planned and executed. I know that those side shims were a challenge. I will touch more o those below.

Great work with the proper Hasbro conversion. The correct T-track was ground off the mag side of the gun and replaces with a line of vent holes. 

The only thing that catches my eye with the side shims is the slight way they stick out visible from the front. Now there is a bit of side overlap which could be the culprit when tightening your belt. If not, people have to remember that we as humans don;t have flat sides. We are round. Your shim should really be slightly curved as well. I wouldn't get anywhere near them with a flamed heat source or even a heat gun because the possibility of even heating is not very good. I would create a hot water bath out of something you can immerse the sides in. Once heated for a few minutes in the hot water, it should be able to be lightly manipulated over something like a paint can or rolling pin. If you can change the direction, even slightly, it will probably take that flare out. 

Last mention is about your thermal detonator. Although there is not required type of hardware to use here, typically, the screw head should sit flat against the clip surface. Those raised, tapered heads just might get caught on something. If you are REALLY feeling funky, you could increase the clip width to 1 inch rather than 3/4! 

Centurion Suggestions: 

Although I try to spot everything pertaining to Centurion, the ultimate accuracy is up to the trooper.

I would be surprised if we DIDN'T see a Centurion application from you. There are a couple things you will need before applying.

- A Sterling based blaster to replace the Hasbro.

-Painted latex or flexible handplates

-The decals on your helmet tears and traps will need to be replaced by the "handpainted look" ones or you could handpaint your own details.

-The notched in the bottom , front corners of the kidney

-Your left shoulder bell could be brought up closer to the shoulder bridge.

-While we are talking about those, they should be mounted evenly on the chest. Either position you have them is fine, they just need to be even and balanced left to right.

Do not fear the paste!! The advice you received is good! I would like to add a couple of things, though: Mix the past in a jar with a seal-able lid like a babyfood jar. Acetone evaporates very quickly. you want to minimize this. Second, let the acetone do the work to break down the ABS into a paste. You will need to incorporate the material together initially, but too much mixing can make a bubbly mixture. Go slow. Layer by layer. Don;t try to kill it all in one pass. 

Take your time. We will be here. Congratulations on your EIB!!!

Great job, Ryan!  You have a few small issues, but you will have your Centurion application in faster than you know it!  Congrats, sir!

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the comments and will get to work sooner than later. Any idea where I can get an upgraded E-11?