Phoenix Props ANH E-11 full kit build

VulpX

When you only need a little bit, it's a waste to buy a full setup for it. Much more cost effective to mix up some and brush it on.

True. I have black acrylic for gunpla so I could use that. I'll see if I can mix something up somewhere this week. :) 

Ok, some photos of the weathering work in progress. Waiting for my brass paint to arrive, so I can paint the scope and front of the Hengstler. All in all, I think it is turning out pretty awesome, if I may say so myself :P

uaMrPr9.jpg

SFO1SaE.jpg

szek5IS.jpg

1qqlxVS.jpg

jY39Ux3.jpg

taXvRoA.jpg

LQ7OY9v.jpg

rke8wv3.jpg

lrByo0l.jpg

mGmP7oS.jpg

EleMeTT.jpg

Edited by VulpX

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Richard!
Simon here from the DG. Just read your build - looks great! 

Maybe I'm a bit late - but if you're still having problems with a loose trigger guard, you can fix this with Milliput (2 component modelling clay). 

Pack it in the holes where the trigger guard joins the body, let it dry then sand it smooth. I did this to my E-11 and the trigger guard feels really strong now. 

Milliput is a good adhesive, dries really hard but also easy to sand. It's a bit like bondo but doesn't stink as much. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys! I was also thinking of adding something like milliput or epoxy to the trigger guard holes. But I'll do this after I've disassembled it once more to give the bolt its final more accurate colouring.

I'm also thinking of adding additional weathering by doing a wash with a mix of black matte paint, water and a little bit of soap. After that wash the whole blaster should have a washed look, and the contrast between the "new" looking black paint and the hard silver weathering will be a little less. This was a tip I got at the Dutch Garrison family day, really helpful.

I already added so e brass weathering to the scope and front of the Hengstler. I'll update again later this week when I've done the wash.

Edited by VulpX