Content is safely wrapped:

e-11_mw_wip_002.jpg

My E-11... nearly finished ;)

e-11_mw_wip_003.jpg

Stay tuned for updates :)

Edited by Captain_Wordo
  • Like 1

Markus,

One thing I forgot to mention in the write-up I did.

The 2 long domed silver bolts in the hardware. You will cut them at the top of the threads, or a little deeper if you like and they will be inserted into the stock pivot and glued in after the stock is mounted to the pivot. This will give the nice domed look of the originals vs the slotted way I was doing it in the past.

Looking forward to watching this come together!

• Like 1

A small update today.

All parts cleaned up. I took photos of the items before and after.

magazin holder
e-11_mw_wip_004.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_005.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_006.jpg

Magazin
e-11_mw_wip_007.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_008.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_009.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_010.jpg

resin screw
e-11_mw_wip_011.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_012.jpg

the ring that will hold the end cap
e-11_mw_wip_013.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_014.jpg

Unfortunately there happened a little accident to this part. When everything is painted and the things that have to find their way into the tube are in there, I'll glue it in place.
e-11_mw_wip_accident.jpg

part of the folding stock
e-11_mw_wip_015.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_016.jpg

the folding stock
e-11_mw_wip_017.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_018.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_019.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_020.jpg

Some greeblies
e-11_mw_wip_021.jpg

Well, here happened the next accident, it was no good idea to cut the item on the left side with a knife. Also I did not realize, that the two tiny thingies that are parts of the items of the right side are marks that show where to glue it on the tube. On the tube are holes where the thingies fit into. Unfortunately I was in the state of a "clean-up-euphoria" and simply cleaned them away.
e-11_mw_wip_022.jpg

more greeblies
e-11_mw_wip_023.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_024.jpg

the muzzle
e-11_mw_wip_025.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_026.jpg

the grip
e-11_mw_wip_027.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_028.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_029.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_030.jpg

the bolt
e-11_mw_wip_031.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_032.jpg

the scope
e-11_mw_wip_033.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_034.jpg

the recommended soapy bath
e-11_mw_wip_035.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_036.jpg

the first parts come together :)
e-11_mw_wip_037.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_038.jpg

Always be careful while building ;)

To be continued... :)

Edited by Captain_Wordo

Well, here happened the next accident, it was no good idea to cut the item on the left side with a knife. Also I did not realize, that the two tiny thingies that are parts of the items of the right side are marks that show where to glue it on the tube. On the tube are holes where the thingies fit into. Unfortunately I was in the state of a "clean-up-euphoria" and simply cleaned them away.

E-11_MW_WIP_022_zpsfcbznywu.jpg

E-11_MW_WIP_028_zps4esikhbz.jpg

The seam line on the grip is a part of the originals as well, so try to not sand it to much away. This looks like it's still there so thats good. 

The front sight, you really have to use a cutting wheel to clean the pour area out. I need to remold this part because this pour area is really unsatisfactory and leaves a lot of extra material that is hard to clean up. If you can't get it back together, let me know and I can send you a new one.

I expect more people will sand off these guide pins in a fit of sanding rage, but those who don't will find it's a great to to ensure the right position and extra grip for the glue.

also to mention, the broken locking ring is no problem. Once it glues down you'll never know and it won't change the functionality. You can glue this part down whenever you like since it will not change how the internal parts are inserted, being that it sits on the outside of the tube.

At this rate of completion, you'll be done in no time!

Edited by Dday
  • Like 1

Nice work there Captain! I hope you can fix the few mistakes without too much trouble. But all the other parts look really smooth.

And so we all learn new things from each other, I now know I have to look out for the guide pins when I start sanding the rest of my parts down :) 

• Like 1

The seam line on the grip is a part of the originals as well, so try to not sand it to much away. This looks like it's still there so thats good. 

The front sight, you really have to use a cutting wheel to clean the pour area out. I need to remold this part because this pour area is really unsatisfactory and leaves a lot of extra material that is hard to clean up. If you can't get it back together, let me know and I can send you a new one.

I expect more people will sand off these guide pins in a fit of sanding rage, but those who don't will find it's a great to to ensure the right position and extra grip for the glue.

also to mention, the broken locking ring is no problem. Once it glues down you'll never know and it won't change the functionality. You can glue this part down whenever you like since it will not change how the internal parts are inserted, being that it sits on the outside of the tube.

At this rate of completion, you'll be done in no time!

I think I can fix my little accidents, if not, I'll let you know ;)

Nice work there Captain! I hope you can fix the few mistakes without too much trouble. But all the other parts look really smooth.

And so we all learn new things from each other, I now know I have to look out for the guide pins when I start sanding the rest of my parts down :)

Thank you very much, I hope to fix it too ;)

Yeah, be careful with those little pins! :duim:

Okay, a new update today.

First the bajonet lug finds it's place.

Predrilled hole
e-11_mw_wip_039.jpg

The screw shows the right place on the tube
e-11_mw_wip_040.jpg

Added to the tube

e-11_mw_wip_041.jpg

Inside the tube
e-11_mw_wip_042.jpg

Muzzle of the blaster
e-11_mw_wip_043.jpg

Screws added to the muzzle
e-11_mw_wip_044.jpg

Muzzle added to the tube
e-11_mw_wip_045.jpg

The folding stock has an item that helps to place it in the right way on the tube, but I was not able to use it, cause the muzzle of my kit is a bit too long, so I had to cut out a bit of the inside material.

e-11_mw_wip_045a.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_045b.jpg

magazin parts
e-11_mw_wip_046.jpg

glued together
e-11_mw_wip_047.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_048.jpg

complete

e-11_mw_wip_049.jpg

folding stock
e-11_mw_wip_050.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_051.jpg

part of the scope holder with predrilled hole
e-11_mw_wip_052.jpg

the small hole shows where to place that thingy on the tube
e-11_mw_wip_053.jpg

placed on the tube with a screw while the glue is drying, the screw will be removed later

e-11_mw_wip_054.jpg

This part has to be placed at the bottom side of the tube, I am not sure if I have to clean the greeblies on the upper side away?

e-11_mw_wip_055.jpg

Be careful with your builds ;)

To be continued... :)

Edited by Captain_Wordo

Markus, your bayonet lug currently is mounted the wrong way. Just turn it around ;)

Derrek added 2 long silver screws with the domed heads for the folding stock hinge. Just cut them to size - they don't need to go into the receiver.

On the rear sight (you call it scope holder) use the short silver countersunk screw and place the nut inside the receiver tube.

The end cap locking clip (in your last picture) needs a flat surface to be properly glued onto the receiver. Otherwise it will break off.

Hope this helps :)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

I love all the details that went into this kit....

Love the build progress so far aswell as the pictures..

One thing you might check ;) is the position of the bayonet lug,

I believe it sit's the wrong way around.... (not really sure couse of the angle, but looks like it)

Edited by Tr00per
  • Like 1

Markus,

Yes, you'll need to either drill holes in the tube to fit those stubs on the locking clip, or to sand them off. I think the next tubes will have these holes predrilled in the tube.

This photo shows the long silver bolt cut down, and the next ones shows you where to put it. Just glue it in place in the hole. It doesn't need to screw into anything or hold anything up.

IMG_0242_zpsbvqjctrw.jpg

IMG_0243_zps0sqjemr0.jpg

I believe you have 2 extra small gold wood screws in your kit. They won't be used. I put 6 in there but the ESB only needs 4.

Edited by Dday
  • Like 1

Thank you guys for all your help and all your hints! :duim:

So now a bit more new progress on this build.

First this part finds it's place.
e-11_mw_wip_056.jpg

It has to slide just into the space over the muzzle.
e-11_mw_wip_057.jpg

placed
e-11_mw_wip_058.jpg

Now I had to move into the workshop to build the metal part of the scope holder.
e-11_mw_wip_059.jpg

I draw the cut outs on the metal stripe
e-11_mw_wip_060.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_061.jpg

First side finished

e-11_mw_wip_062.jpg

Cuts into the second side
e-11_mw_wip_063.jpg

second side bent
e-11_mw_wip_064.jpg

second side finished
e-11_mw_wip_065.jpg

now that part looks like this
e-11_mw_wip_066.jpg

cutting the screw threads for the stock
e-11_mw_wip_067.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_068.jpg

drilling holes for the scope and a screw to hold it on the tube into the metal stripe
e-11_mw_wip_069.jpg

Back to the other desk ;)

now this item is flat
e-11_mw_wip_070.jpg

now it's time to place and glue the reduced screws into the stock
e-11_mw_wip_071.jpg

predrilled holes in the scope
e-11_mw_wip_072.jpg

the scope is placed onto the metal stripe
e-11_mw_wip_073.jpg

time to place this item on the tube
e-11_mw_wip_074.jpg

I realized that when I place the folding stock on and into the tube, that there is too much space between the tube and the folding stock. By the way, yes, I fixed the little accident on the other part that was broken :)
e-11_mw_wip_075.jpg

The reason for this is the guide hook that helps to place the stock at the right place on the tube. There are little edges that prevent that the guide hook slides completely into the tube.
e-11_mw_wip_076.jpg

e-11_mw_wip_077.jpg

I simply decided to sand the edges away
e-11_mw_wip_078.jpg

Now it fits better together in my eyes :)
e-11_mw_wip_079.jpg

Don't worry, it is not fixed permanently, I know I still have to do the paint jobs ;)

Be careful with your builds and stay tuned for updates :)

Edited by Captain_Wordo
  • Like 1

The hook and little edges are the way the original sterling stock sits on the tube. It doesn't really translate well when you want to use the screw to hold it in.

I left the stock as original and let people decide if they want to use the hook to hold the piece in place, or the screw.

The hook, when placed will give proper positioning for the stock, and when you place the pivot on the back, this hook will work to hold the front of the stock well in place, with no need for a screw. I know the gap seems unsightly but what is often overlooked is that when the tracks are in place, this gap is much less noticeable. 

Both ways work. I left the parts there so people can pick  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

This is looking great! I hadn't really thought about how I wanted to cut the scope rail yet, but your pictures reminded me I need to account for the circular angle of the barrel when I make the cuts. Thanks! 

Have you thought about your paint scheme yet? 

• Like 1

(...)

E-11_MW_WIP_058_zps1udxomxd.jpg

Huge build progress, Markus :duim:  Hope you did not yet glue that front sight block?! On this picture it is installed the wrong way.

Please don't get me wrong. Just trying to help you get the maximum out of this kit. Keep your good work up - and the photos coming...

• Like 1

The hook and little edges are the way the original sterling stock sits on the tube. It doesn't really translate well when you want to use the screw to hold it in.

I left the stock as original and let people decide if they want to use the hook to hold the piece in place, or the screw.

The hook, when placed will give proper positioning for the stock, and when you place the pivot on the back, this hook will work to hold the front of the stock well in place, with no need for a screw. I know the gap seems unsightly but what is often overlooked is that when the tracks are in place, this gap is much less noticeable. 

Both ways work. I left the parts there so people can pick  :smiley-sw013:

I didn't had the tracks in mind, but now I simply like my way ;)

This is looking great! I hadn't really thought about how I wanted to cut the scope rail yet, but your pictures reminded me I need to account for the circular angle of the barrel when I make the cuts. Thanks! 

Have you thought about your paint scheme yet? 

Thank you very much! :)

No, at the moment I don't really know how to weather the blaster. I think I decide how to do it while I do it ;)

On ‎24‎.‎07‎.‎2015 at 9:07 PM, T-Jay said:

Huge build progress, Markus :duim:  Hope you did not yet glue that front sight block?! On this picture it is installed the wrong way.

Please don't get me wrong. Just trying to help you get the maximum out of this kit. Keep your good work up - and the photos coming...

No problem, but are you sure? The front is still installed this way:

e-11_mw_wip_045.jpg

I was pretty sure that this is the right way, isn't it?

And thank you for your kind words :)

Edited by Captain_Wordo

Yep, that front MUZZLE in the picture above is fine. My earlier comment was regarding the front SIGHT BLOCK ;)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Yep, that front MUZZLE in the picture above is fine. My earlier comment was regarding the front SIGHT BLOCK ;)

Ah, okay, now I got you ;)

Well... of cause it is glued, but I think I can fix it B)  But not at the moment... the paint is still drying ;)