Sign in to follow this  
DrDataCenter

Sucked in by the Anovos offer (like so many of you!) -Tyranus Garrison

Hey all,

Like so many of the newbie posts here, I too was sucked in by the Anovos offer. A co-worker forwarded the email for the Shadowtrooper kits two weeks ago, and after much deliberation, I pulled the trigger just now.

Super excited, but I wish I could have gotten in on the 'classic trilogy' suit at the cheaper price, since I really wanted to go Sandy down the road.

Oh well, this gives me the chance to jump into the 'lifestyle', without screwing up too badly, and without gaining too much wife aggro! Now we just have to wait for the delivery...

Background, I'm also a new Garrison Tyranus initiate; looking forward to being a handler for several events to learn the ropes, and get up close and personal with some suits.

hi, I just applied to join the tyranus, I have met up with a garish member, looking to get gear, what is the anovos thing?' do I need to avoid something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

hi, I just applied to join the tyranus, I have met up with a garish member, looking to get gear, what is the anovos thing?' do I need to avoid something

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anovos (http://www.anovos.com/) is a prop replica company that currently has the official licenses to make and sell Star Trek, BSG, and SW gear. They've recently made a big slash by offering up full kits for low prices...but we really have no clue how the build will be in the real world. Some folks that have previously ordered Trek replicas, only to have them delivered 12 months after ordering, so some folks view it as a bit of a gamble. I guess time will tell.

I hear some of the well known veteran armorers in the community are grumbling about this much more mass-produced stuff, and are worried if LFL and Disney will shut them down.

Anyway, I'm just a noob trying to dip my toes in as well...the sheer amount of info on this board is absolutely insane.

I saw your posts over at Garrison Tyranus. Welcome to the FISD. :)

Hello and welcome aboard