Pauldrons and TK'S?

Definitely. Neither am I trying to. I'm not even all that much against pauldrons per se. I don't think you should "mix and match" different costumes. That's all.

I agree .... for prop collecting. But costumes shall be fun, and if someone would have so much more fun with such small "mistakes" ..... let him have the fun. 

You know "I" wouldn´t wear my armor if it needs shimming, but i also think there are worse things than some "intermix" (as long as each of that parts is accurateby itself).  :D

Fun is fine with me. In the end, it's each garrison's event co-ordinator who makes the rules. But from a trooper perspective, as I mentioned, you might want to be more anonymous once you're out in the field. It's a lot different than the hypotetical situation new people imagine when they discuss it here.

Speaking of prop collecting, do you still make aluminium parts for say finishing a denix mauser into a power 5 that needs some loving?

Not at the moment - beside job, house, and garden i find barely any free time for any of my hobbies.  :( In the last 2 years i only made one prop, the holiday special saber.

What do you need? You know that the grill parts are found, and these original kit-parts are super cheap? Or does it has to be all metal?

Not at the moment - beside job, house, and garden i find barely any free time for any of my hobbies.  :( In the last 2 years i only made one prop, the holiday special saber.

What do you need? You know that the grill parts are found, and these original kit-parts are super cheap? Or does it has to be all metal?

Sorry to hear that. But that's how real life is.

I suppose I could source the grill part, but at the moment I have nothing and hope to source most of the parts in one go. All metal does make for a sturdier prop I theoreically could use for trooping (albeit heavy) rather than risk braking off fragile found-parts.

TKs are bad guys in the movies. So why are we doing 'good'?

All abit of fun innit.

You can't tell me it looks THAT bad.....

NQGTjs.jpg

aLZ292.jpg

That is quite literally EXACTLY what I hope to build with my coming kit, complete with white pauldron and DLT-19.  I cannot even express how jealous I am or how excited these pictures make me for what is possible with my eventual kit.

Thank you for sharing the pics!  Your kit is Awesome! :)

Edited by ArmyDocTrooper18
  • Like 1

Glad you like it! Make sure you share your pics down the road :)

The thanks really goes to the good (and sometimes grumpy - myself included) folk of this forum, for their inspiration and help with the build.

18 months later and Im still finding ways of tweaking it. 

• 4 months later...

All jokes aside... I became curious of this issue today as well.  I saw a few TKs with the white pauldron on the Legion TK Gallery page.  Quite a few, actually.  

Just on the first page of TKs in the Gallery there are five of them.  ID # 124, 192, 326, 431, and 499.

And that is just page one of all the Gallery TK pages.

So, my question is, seeing as these are not new members.  3 digit IDs, and all.   What is the rationale for them having their TK Photo with the pauldron?  And why is there not a special costume designation?  They are all ANH Stunt.

Is this an approved configuration?  Is there a reference somewhere which makes it approvable?  I heard a rumor that in one of the Battlefront games it was a game mod or something.

I ask, because I think it looks badass, and I shamelessly want to wear it sometimes as well.  And I would only do so if it is approvable.

So, the question remains........... What does one need to do in order to get this approved?   It must be an option, seeing as how many others have already done it.

Thank you, guys/gals.

The reason was back in the day - like 10+ years ago - people just put stuff on and didn't care as much about accuracy. That is why you only see this on old profile pix. Bet every person is as you note, 3 digit TK's.

If you want a pauldron, you have to:

1. Do a TFA TK

2. Do a Heavy Weapons Trooper

3. Do an Incinerator Trooper

4. Do a sandtrooper

Otherwise, leave it at home :)

ePS (unless you are at a con)

• Like 2

If it comes to that, fine. Until then, nope. Either way, I doubt their armour will be pure OT. In which case, see my point about sw rebels.

There have already been photos from the set of rogue one leaked of the TKs. They are same as original trilogy which makes total sense

There have already been photos from the set of rogue one leaked of the TKs. They are same as original trilogy which makes total sense

Back in July when i wrote that, it hadn't been leaked. Also, we know from those pictures that their armour is slightly different. So you would still for 501st approval have to decide if you are making an ANH or R1 armour, and focus on their individual details.

They are same as original trilogy which makes total sense

For the purists they're certainly not... I can already see from those leaked pictures things making my eyes bleeding.

As for the pauldrons, why everyone is wanting one?! Aside on a sandtrooper, I've always found it looking ridiculous on a Stormtrooper armor, needless to say on a Scout. And when I see every FOTK wanting their own pauldron, I think this is going to look like a total mess on events.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

I'm still gathering the final pieces for my HWT backpack but when there are a bunch of TKs, I typically wear my (black) pauldron and strap on the ammo pouches and carry the DLT.  

There are two reasons.  First, so my wife can find me easily during troops, especially conventions when it's super big and super crowded and we get separate while trooping.  Second, again during conventions or large troop turnouts, I do so because I tend to be seen as the organizer (almost leader) by a lot of the others.  My personality tends to be more outgoing and organizational.  Several of the guys have even called that out about me saying that "everyone gravitates to [me]."  So since I tend to be the one "leading" several others, it only feels right from a visual perspective for the fans' benefit.

Speaking of the HWT backpack, does anyone have a recommendation on the best source for the spare shoulder strap I need for the tube?  That's the last physical part I need to start my work.