How do you measure a year?

TKedt

it's been a year since my 501st journey started. It started as a dream of attending the premier of a possible ep.VII (at the time there were only rumors of its production) in full stormtrooper armor. After seeing a report in local news channel about the 501st attending a star wars in concert and l watching videos of spoofs on youtube  such asTROOPS

FISD has been an fundamental resource in my 501st journey because I have made contact with people from other garrisons that gave me advise in times of need. People here have been nothing but helpful and I am very thankful for that 

After joining the legion I realized that the membership offered me more than what I believed I joined. The opportunity to bring, share and promote the magic of star wars to everyone in diverse settings and volunteer in the community I also realized of  MY OWN STYLE OF TROOPING. While some people like to be background, I realized I am the trooper who likes to walk, interact with people and talk to them while staying in character. 

A year has passed and I feel the same excitement when trooping . After attending Hospital Visits, Comic cons, sports events, concerts and other events I realized how fulfilling trooping is and the positive impact on peoples lives and myself.  So how did I measure my year? I measured it by putting in perspective what I have learned about me and having a positive impact in the community. I am exited about attending the premiere of TFA as a member and future troops as the new movies come out

This is a collection of my most memorable moments from 7/14 to 7/15 and hope you enjoy them! :peace: .

11130279_10206440556078486_1920045691647498398_n_zpsmdgxvexs.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 6