• Height = 5’10"
  • Weight = 160lbs
Costume
  • Armor = Authentic Props (AP)
  • Helmet= AP
  • Blaster= Blastech E-11 (from AP)
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = TKittell
  • Hand Plates = ANH Stunt latex, painted white (Karin Sonnenschein)
  • Electronics= Aker + iComm combo with throat mic
  • Neck Seal = Darman’s (zip enclosure)
  • Holster = AP

Front - Arms at side

01.%20Front%20-%20arms%20at%20side_zps9p

Back - Arms at side

02.%20Back%20-%20Arms%20at%20side_zps2rx

Left - Arm raised

03.%20Left%20-%20Arm%20raised_zps0tov9ui

Right - Arm raised

04.%20Right%20-%20Arm%20raised_zpsnjnxgc

Left side detail - Arm raised

05.%20Left%20side%20detail%20-%20Arm%20r

Right side detail - Arm raised

06.%20Right%20side%20detail%20-%20Arm%20

Abdomen details

07.%20Abdomen%20details_zpsgmcxbggg.jpg

Action shots

08.%20Action%20shot%201_zpscdddx1nv.jpg
08.%20Action%20shot%202_zpspw90ys1a.jpg

Cod and butt plate attachment

09.%20Cod%20and%20butt%20plate%20attachm

Interior strapping

10.%20Interior%20strapping%201_zpskcqpwr
10.%20Interior%20strapping%202_zpsue57cs

Helmet - Front

16.%20Helmet%20-%20Front_zpsd9gw7ndy.jpg

Helmet - Sides

18.%20Helmet%20-%20Left_zps0s4gslx7.jpg
19.%20Helmet%20-%20Right_zpst2ruv9hs.jpg

Helmet - Back

17.%20Helmet%20-%20Back_zpsfwpktm9w.jpg

Helmet - Lens color

20.%20Helmet%20-%20Lense%20color_zpsbr0f

Blaster - Left

21.%20Blaster%20detail%20-%20Left_zpsb42

Blaster - Right

22.%20Blaster%20detail%20-%20Right_zpso9

Neck seal

26.%20Neck%20seal_zpsfvcgyo3z.jpg

Thermal detonator

24.%20Thermal%20detonator%20-%20Back_zps

Holster attachment and ammo belt

28.%20Holster%20attachment%20-%20Back_zp
28.%20Holster%20attachment%20-%20Front_z

30.%20Full%20belt%20assembly_zpsuzgxparq

Thank you.

Love to see some AP armor!  You popped your elastic on the shoulder bridges (you could bend them some to help take off the pressure) and dropped your note card  :laugh1:

Looks really good!  You could tighten the strapping up between the back and kidney and again with the sides on the kidney/ab to better align it, but should be no problem for a pass! 

LOL@ Scott. Good eye, I had to go back to see the notecard on the floor. 

The things he mentioned are also what popped out at me, ab/kidney gap and shoulder bridges sticking up a bit. It also looks like the cloth portion of your belt is pretty long, there is a bit of extra beyond your TD.

One question: did you paint the helmet or are they decals? I'm just curious because I have some friends who are building AP armor (husband/wife working on a set for each) and they said theirs came with the decals and I'd like to see how they look on a completed helmet. 

You did a real nice job on this armor. Good luck!

Thanks.  Actually, the shoulder bridges were quite stiff when I took the pictures. I since boiled them to make a better curve as seen here:

075a.%20Bridges%20bent_zpsniel9kmx.jpg

Here, you can see that the bridges have a nice curve and don't stick out :)  This was taken at the recent Montreal ComicCon

IMG_8704_zpstyrihn7i.jpg

For the belt, I have since added extra velcro so that the entire length is now securely attached (and not loose).

Thanks for any comment or suggestion. I'm here to improve it if need be :)

Edited by Somatophylax

One question: did you paint the helmet or are they decals? I'm just curious because I have some friends who are building AP armor (husband/wife working on a set for each) and they said theirs came with the decals and I'd like to see how they look on a completed helmet. 

The helmet is hand-painted.. except for the tube stripes.  I tried to put on the decals.My hope was to use them as templates and paint "over" them. But I found that applying the decals was too much trouble. So I just painted the details.

The helmet is hand-painted.. except for the tube stripes.  I tried to put on the decals.My hope was to use them as templates and paint "over" them. But I found that applying the decals was too much trouble. So I just painted the details.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. Would you say the decals look like they are hand painted or are they too perfectly printed? My friends are hoping to eventually apply for Centurion, and this is a requirement.

BTW, your helmet paint job looks really nice.

1. Hi Chills,

The decals I had came with the AP. They look too perfect... printer-perfect.  I found it too difficult to apply. When I managed to properly smoothe a side, the other would pop out. Then, when I fixed that part, the first half would also pop out. I got frustrated and removed them. That's why I decided to just paint them.

Edited by Somatophylax
  • Like 1

Hey there, Stephane!! Thank you for Applying to join the ranks of the EIB's! Let's look at your armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required submission photos have been posted. Your armor possesses all the requirements for EIB. With that, I welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section I will go over observations made by your fellow troopers and myself. Sometimes these observations may lead to suggestions for adjustments or repairs that go to improve the final  look of your armor. Should any suggestion affect an application, that will be listed in the above or below sections.

Your fellow troopers have their detail goggles on!! Your shoulder bridges look much better with that curve on there. They were sticking straight out and now they will lay properly. Nice work.

Overall, your build is straight forward and very well done. You were correct regarding the decals for the helmet looking a little too perfect. They are. You would have needed to switch them out should you have used them and decided to shoot for Centurion. Now you have nothing to worry about! Great work tackling that hand painting.

Centurion Suggestions:

Ultimately, the Centurion level accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper. I do try to spot as much as I can, though.

I would REALLY be surprised to NOT see an application from you. Before you apply, though, there are two things I would like you to adjust. 

First, the gap between your back and kidney should be reduced a bit. You may need to install another snap that would allow you to drop that until they rest on each other.

Next are the gaps on your sides. These need to be removed. Prior to taking your Centurion pictures, don't eat breakfast, breathe out, and tighten your belt. 

Congratulations, good Sir!  Your Garrison should be proud!!!

Félicitations !  Beau costume  :)

I would thin the drop boxes a bit too, they're a bit thick.  Mine were too (AP !).  Not that it can stop from being Centurion, but it looks a lot nicer  :)