Ryth_'s WTF build

Thanks guys!

I've noticed these ridges are a bit different on mine (different to AP, ATA etc.)

So a straight line will be a challenge. But what I can see from that picture, it's about 1-2 mm.

One nervous guy with scissors inc.

You can also buy a hand held electric sander a slowly sand the edges. Then you can use it to round the edges. Just a thought

So it's done! 

I strapped sanding paper onto the table and took it from there - after rough cutting it.

The GF wanted to test out the suit, it was too big she said.

1790a694-7113-45e4-9022-7d40db532388_zps

1c2fe7a6-3a1b-4094-9f0f-2ed6fab868e6_zps

1760c9c0-9488-470b-ba4f-7b4c7731958b_zps

Black pencil mark, for marking scratches that will be sanded away.

1f70e227-201c-4575-935d-60551e55d701_zps

f834ce80-46c0-4ff9-88e1-8a12786517ba_zps

Added extra abs into the ditches here, for better grip on the chest. Tips taken from this forum ;)

• Like 1

Silly question: Are the big ABS blocks that the clamps are on there just to hold down the little slivers of ABS between the ridges, or is that the ABS you're gluing down to make a better seal on the chest?  Because if you do it like that, you're going to end up with a big gap between the chest and the strap.

Here we go!

Earlier I was supposed to connect the arms, but one bicep were loose at the butt joint - so had to reglue it.

But today, I can begin!

cb35b68b-7ec2-4b0b-98ce-e1553fa0a5fd_zps

Here we go!

Earlier I was supposed to connect the arms, but one bicep were loose at the butt joint - so had to reglue it.

But today, I can begin!

cb35b68b-7ec2-4b0b-98ce-e1553fa0a5fd_zps

Ready to mount, looking good.

Yes, it's a hair... I'm not sure if there's any rule of thumb about its placement, but that hair looks a little close to the edge.  You might want to pull it off and reglue it closer to the middle, so it doesn't show.  (:

Oh, you meant the shoulder cover on the chest?  I think 4 or 5 rungs on the chest plate is right.  I'm going to be sliding mine up by a rung, just so there's more on the back.

Is that a hair on the right one?!

Also, is it a rule of thumb to have it 55 mm from the edge?

I've never heard of the 55mm rule. I wouldn't hedge a bet on that . Everyone is different

Yes, it's a hair... I'm not sure if there's any rule of thumb about its placement, but that hair looks a little close to the edge.  You might want to pull it off and reglue it closer to the middle, so it doesn't show.  (:

Oh, you meant the shoulder cover on the chest?  I think 4 or 5 rungs on the chest plate is right.  I'm going to be sliding mine up by a rung, just so there's more on the back.

Again the amount of rungs on a chest plate is a guesstimate. Smaller troopers and larger armor will require less gap between the chest and back allowing for more cover material to be evenly distributed. Larger troopers and and smaller armor are just the opposite. I personally have 2-1/2" rungs on the chest with all my armor. The key is to evenly space the armor between the two however, if you have an excess than it is better to have it on the back then the front.

:smiley-sw013:  

Late update, but here we go.

e29abf95-694b-4da7-9386-c07f6e77c55d_zps

9dfb214a-d406-4c73-8ab6-831f1301dcb2_zps

Boiled the left bicep, since it lost it's shape. Could make slight adjustments to it, since it didn't have an inner cover strip = less pressure.

54a30e7b-0af5-4a30-a27f-ae21955b0ad2_zps

It fits quite good, so I'll leave it at this. Regluing the cover strip end now, so won't connect it to the rest just yet.

97323a52-3e6e-4918-84be-efb2f4c5f535_zps

But the right side is soon ready. Approx 5-6 mm gap between these two bits.

ade9e739-220b-4df0-9a39-4cceb5118314_zps

I'll need to add the snap plate for shoulders to the bicep. Didn't go for the permanent gluing here.

37ebe188-9e40-4219-8b5b-e8d41cec32e3_zps

So to the shoulder bridge. This was actually a bad fit, and I've retried it with 4 ridges.. think that is a go.

Haven't glued it on just yet, will be going through some more references.

7e66c5dd-0703-420e-aabd-57b6abbc40e3_zps

It fits quite good, so I'll leave it at this. Regluing the cover strip end now, so won't connect it to the rest just yet.

But the right side is soon ready. Approx 5-6 mm gap between these two bits.

I'll need to add the snap plate for shoulders to the bicep. Didn't go for the permanent gluing here.

So to the shoulder bridge. This was actually a bad fit, and I've retried it with 4 ridges.. think that is a go.

Haven't glued it on just yet, will be going through some more references.

Looking great Stein  :duim:

Suggestions:

1) Trim the corners of your cover strips a bit.

Stein%20forearm.jpg

2) Move the bicep strap mounts up about 2-3". The blue area indicates where your bells will most likely sit.

Stein%20bell.jpg

3) A. Try moving your chest plate up a bit to gain cover strip coverage in your back plate or...

B. Move your cover plate back a few rungs.

Stein%20shoulder.jpg

Edited by ukswrath

Cheers!

Here's the other picture of some modification. Taken yesteday.

a381a6c3-5f92-47df-96c7-3ab98896606f_zps

Ripped it off, so here's suggestion for the new placement. Bottom of snap plate is approx 3-3,1 inches from bottom. Looks ok?

Can't try it with biceps just yet, both are being glued.

8f4b401b-cd92-401a-9f52-7e7de1896ecf_zps

That stuff is great, isn't it? 

The chest plate is going to be up by your throat. I made the same mistake when I first made my straps, and it was too low.

Edited by Chills

That stuff is great, isn't it? 

The chest plate is going to be up by your throat. I made the same mistake when I first made my straps, and it was too low.

Then the question is, how far down is the back part?

The strap is 6,5 cm.. so not that much really.