TK 26113 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status [ATA][480]

Name : Kyle Fisher
TK ID: TK 26113
FISD: Zarlon
Garrison: Great Lakes Garrison
501st Status:  http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=19100

Armor: ATA
Helmet: ATA
Blaster: E-11 : Hasbro Mod w/ Doopy Doo Kit & DTL-19: Hyperfirm

Height: 6'2
Weight: 210 lbs
Boots: TK Boots
Canvas Belt: Trooperbay
Hand Plates: Trooperbay

Full Body

Submission%20Photos%20-1_zpsssr2zq3o.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-3_zpssdf8pojv.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-6_zpsqeybpexj.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-8_zpsuwmzpstu.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-77_zpsqwzk37pt.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-76_zpseopfmcf7.jp

Armor Details

Submission%20Photos%20-39_zpskjpb0hvv.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-9_zpsgrjrpxdi.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-42_zpsdocy5yxz.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-43_zpsmkwhzbj6.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-56_zpsa9a5lrzj.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-26_zpsqxweidce.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-45_zpsj2ik8nht.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-44_zpsjz8vmojr.jp

Helmet

Submission%20Photos%20-50_zps0u7gl7kt.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-47_zpsh9vutx4p.jp

DSC00249%202_zps23t2gwgn.jpg

DSC00240_zps1uztityp.jpg

Submission%20Photos%20-52_zps2uaiwqnp.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-51_zpsjwa3osjj.jp

Blasters

Submission%20Photos%20-58_zpsb5esviua.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-57_zpsd3rx1ymg.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-59_zpsqtjjojv8.jp

DSC00244_zps2lxnk4sy.jpg

DSC00241_zpsws5ddpxp.jpg

Accessories

Submission%20Photos%20-27_zpsevli7ifz.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-54_zpsc953qgka.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-61_zpsmj9qkwjh.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-35_zps0ahxajqp.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-28_zpsy1w5vkdy.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-29_zpsxartnzcb.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-30_zps91n7ftmy.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-31_zpsucrdghra.jp

Submission%20Photos%20-32_zpsgnmfscla.jp

Edited by Zarlon

Nice work Kyle. Was wondering when I would see this thread pop up. Nice build. Only thing I noticed was actually 2 things in the "right side arms up" photo.

First is the chest piece riding a bit high, popping up and over the ab. I know it's hard for a guy that's 6'2" to squeeze into an ATA. A possible remedy could be to "cut the cod". It would all be hidden under your belt and could give you an inch or so in height of your ab.

Second was the extra nylon webbing hanging down beside your drop box. It is dangerously close to overlapping the top of your thigh making it visible. I imagine it's just the tail end of your thigh garter? Possibly just tuck it up and away?

Overall it's a very solid build and I have enjoyed watching you go at it. Thanks for the great build thread.

Nice work Kyle. Was wondering when I would see this thread pop up. Nice build. Only thing I noticed was actually 2 things in the "right side arms up" photo.

First is the chest piece riding a bit high, popping up and over the ab. I know it's hard for a guy that's 6'2" to squeeze into an ATA. A possible remedy could be to "cut the cod". It would all be hidden under your belt and could give you an inch or so in height of your ab.

Second was the extra nylon webbing hanging down beside your drop box. It is dangerously close to overlapping the top of your thigh making it visible. I imagine it's just the tail end of your thigh garter? Possibly just tuck it up and away?

Overall it's a very solid build and I have enjoyed watching you go at it. Thanks for the great build thread.

Thanks for the feedback! That chest piece has been the bane of my existence. My torso is really long so it's difficult to get it to stay down. I'm going to try and use nylon straps stead of elastic to see if that makes a difference. I'm also going to try and move the strap connection points more to the side and maybe even add a third connection point in the middle If none of that works then I might need to cut the cod. I just really don't want to go down that road.

The other strap your referring to is indeed the thigh garter. It just wasn't tucked in enough. I can retake that photo if necessary.

Edited by Zarlon

Very nice looking set of armor, Kyle. I think you did a great job with the shims on the sides. It's not easy to get that extra plastic to look so smooth.

I only see one thing besides what Jay mentioned: the stripes on your rear traps should be closer to the bottom of the trap. I don't think that will matter for your EIB, though. 

Good luck!

Great job!  All I see is you could touchup that one smeared outline on the side of your rear trap and maybe paint the tabs you have between your shims and abdomen to black;  will hide them better.  For a future upgrade you can make that shim line disappear with some ABS paste or JB  plasti-weld and then paint!  It takes some work sanding for sure but you will find it worth it in the long run.  

Great job! All I see is you could touchup that one smeared outline on the side of your rear trap and maybe paint the tabs you have between your shims and abdomen to black; will hide them better. For a future upgrade you can make that shim line disappear with some ABS paste or JB plasti-weld and then paint! It takes some work sanding for sure but you will find it worth it in the long run.

I like the idea of painting the tabs black. I'll make that mod this week. I'm also planning on redoing the welds but I want to trim some of the shims first because I think they are a little too wide. That's on my tier two list of changes. I guess that's why I've been told I'll probably always be tweeking my armor. Edited by Zarlon

Well I tried to touch up the rear traps a bit and added the photos above. I think it looks a little better but I'm afraid I'm not a very good artist. I also have the tabs painted black and will glue them back in tonight. I'll upload photos tomorrow night.

Edited by Zarlon

Hello Mr. Kyle! Thank you for your EIB application. Let's have a look at your armor

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

​All the required submission photos have been posted. I am pleased to say that your armor exhibits all the necessary details required to achieve the Expert Infantry badge. Congratulations and welcome to EIB!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section I will go over observations made by both myself and your fellow troopers. These observations may lead to suggestions or suggested adjustments to improve the final look of your armor. IF any adjustments are required, these will be listed in the above or below sections.

I am a big fan of the "beefy" trooper. You will be the muscle of your Garrison. Awesome. And so is your armor. You have an overall solid and well detailed build. I will disagree with you on a point that you mentioned regarding always tweeking your armor. It is possible to get your armor to the point where no further adjustments are needed unless a weight reduction or gain is in your future. 

As for comments on your armor, I would perhaps make an adjustment to get the sag out of the front of your belt. I like to see the belt top resting against or slightly overlapping the bottom of the button plates.

Jay mentioned that stray strap above your thigh. I wonder what that is even for but as long as it doesn't get any longer and traverse the top of thigh it's fine.

I'm sure you will have fun with all the tabs and strap on your sides. Whatever you do there is fine just concentrate on making sure those gaps stay closed especially if you are going to shoot for Centurion.

Kudos to you on you taking on the hand painting. I am not so concerned regarding there positioning within the trap itself as long as they aren't too high or low within. The vent line pattern is what is important that it follows the shape of the  trapezoid.

Well done on the proper conversion of the Hasbro blaster. The correct T-Track on the lower magazine side was removed and the proper holes drilled.

As for your chest position. Please don't cut your cod. What I would do is get a strap with a plastic clip that allows the strap to be adjustable.. That way you can micro adjust the length to get the perfect fit as well as keep it from riding up too high and possibly popping over the ab top.

Centurion Suggestions:

I do try to see as much as I can but the ultimate accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

You did a fantastic job with your side shims. To put it over the top, I would melt up one last batch of abs paste to eliminate the line between the shim and kidney. Even if it ends up not PERFECTLY smooth, it would show much less than a darker seam.

If you do end up applying for Centurion, make sure you take new full body pics. The ones you have here show your side rivets and the thigh pack rivet unpainted. You have them painted now, but in your first set of pics they are not. The crotch strap rivet and male snaps remains unpainted.

Lastly, you will need to upgrade your blaster to a Sterling based one.

Congrats again!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement and tips. You all have been so helpful during this build and I'm proud to be a part of the FISD!

Congrats!! See ya at maker faire!

Thanks Todd! I can't wait until next weekend. It looks like we should have a great turnout.

• Like 1