DD E-11 Full Resin Kit Build

doomius

Got a nice surprise today to find out that my Doopy Doos kit came in early today while the Royal Mail was telling me it was still in Chicago!

So without further ado, here is the unwrapping of the brown box!

bWtglwx.jpg

NtDsw9c.jpg

gXRuP1E.jpg

I am a little concern that some the pieces looks to have fell into a pool of melted resin. Would it be pretty easy to sand down on the side to remove the excess?

nLsdSGT.jpg

GdbK2fG.jpg

azKBYzA.jpg

It will most likely be 3-4 weeks until I actually start the build...finishing up my bachelor's degree this summer and it is pretty much eating up all my free time right now. Also gives me some time for T-Jay's completion kit to arrive!

Your best bet for sanding down the resin is a dremel with a barrell sanding attachment. Keep the speed slow and steady so you can keep good control.

Once you get the bulk of the material removed an the piece shaped to your liking, do a finish sanding with fine grit sand paper (220 or 320).

Good luck with your build!

Jason - I used the method Adam mentioned above and it separated the parts from the base very nicely.

The other big advantage is so long as you don't press too hard there is little chance of any mishaps and you will have very little clean up to do 9It doesn't take long to do either)

I would suggest getting the degree finished then starting your build.......just my opinion but the degree is very important and i'm sure you have put much work in to it over the previous few years. The blaster can wait for a few weeks :-)

Good luck with both your degree and your build.