Bobio's 1.5mm ANH Stunt Build [TM]

bobio

Placed my order yesterday with Paul (Troopermaster). Will be anxiously awaiting the brown box. :)

Planning to do this build with EIB and Centurion in mind.  I know I will need lots of help to get there...

This is going to be a slow build as I am also helping my son with his Biker Scout and my daughter with Jaina Solo ;)

I am still picking up pieces here and there in preparation for the build. Just picked up a Husky bin.

Thinking I might do some customizing on it while I wait for the brown box to arrive :)

k65KYuS.jpgo5mNQ8W.jpg?1

I also picked up a Hyperfirm E-11. I need to add a D-ring and I think I am going to do some work on the weathering...

1RltYGm.jpg?1amYMLlN.jpg?1

I have a pair of IB TK Boots on the way.  Lucky enough to be the 300th customer and got a free pair...Woo Hoo :)

More to come....

Edited by bobio
Fixed Broken Photobucket Image Links
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Brown box made it across the pond, thanks Paul!...

6e4W0sj.jpg?1

Felt like opening presents on Christmas morning :)

COaTnno.jpg?1

Already starting to panic a bit, I am sure I will have a lot of questions! I will be getting started this weekend with the helmet.

GbMAvFV.jpg?1

This is probably going to be quite a slow build compared to most build threads I have seen. I am in the last semester of my AAS degree and will be continuing on for a BS in Computer Science. Right now I am in the midst of a Senior Project for my AAS as well as two other courses. I also still have two kids at home, one in High School and the other in College and I spend quite a bit of time with them between school and hobbies. My son is working on a Scout Trooper from SC. My daughter, who refuses to join the Empire, is working on Jaina Solo :)

My plan is to update this thread weekly. Stay tuned........

Bob

Edited by bobio

Well, you started with the right kit. You are so going to enjoy this build no matter how much or little time you donate to it. Do your research on other TM builds to help you visually find your way through it

Congrats, Bob!    Family and school come first!  We will still be here when you are done!

Start with small steps.  If time will allow, start with dedicating 1-2 hours per week to the armor. It's not much time, but after a month, you will have some progress to show.

For me, to build a little confidence that I won't destroy my kit, I've started with the TD and biceps and will continue with the forearms and legs. When I really feel comfortable, I'll attempt the bucket.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

Starting with the helmet first is not a great idea if you have never worked on a kit before. That is the main focal point of the suit and you do not want to mess it up. Like other have said, start with the arms to get a feel for working with ABS, then work on the helmet after you have some experience :)

Thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated!  Saving the helmet for last definitely makes more sense now. 

Between the teeth, the lens openings, the ear covers there is definitely a lot of intricate trimming on the helmet.

Will get started trimming the arms this weekend and work my way down from there... 

Between now and then I am going to go back and review build threads...

Thanks again! 

Bob

• Like 1

Started working on building my ABS scrap pile tonight :)

sYr6Ob8.jpg?1

Hard to believe all that is just from the arms.

mdy7DiR.jpg?1

I am pretty much done for the night. Hands are sore from the scissors but it was fun and I am feeling much more confident...

RrCgYe0.jpg?1

I will be removing the return edges on the wrist end of the forearms later. I will also trim the seam edges when I do the fitting.

I am pretty happy with the progress so far, haven't screwed anything up yet :)

I will move on to the legs next weekend.

Thanks for looking. Let me know what you guys think...

Bob

Edited by bobio

Started working on building my ABS scrap pile tonight :)

20150914_011315002_iOS_zpsbqsqmdua.jpg

Not to hijack your thread but I remember when scrap piles were only that big.

And now ....  :blink:

IMG_1499.jpg

Another TM build. Awesome!  :jc_doublethumbup:

:popcorn:

• Like 2

Well, I worked on the legs tonight.  The left one at least :)

I still need to trim the edge seams, will do that when I do the fitting.

I also think I need to refine the returns a little more, will do that during the fitting as well.

I was a little worried about the length of the thighs but I think they will be ok...

JF6GSuQ.jpg?1CJOkp6c.jpg?1

Let me know what you all think. Until next weekend...

Bob

Edited by bobio

Hey all,

I have been a motorcycle rider for a very long time and I have owned a lot of Alpinestars gear from jackets to gloves to boots, etc...

I have never worn their Tech Layers compression gear though. As with most Alpinestarts gear, they are expensive. I have generally found their products to be well made.

I am looking at the Summer Tech Performance shirt and pants.

Alpinestars Summer Tech Performance underwear forms an effective base layer keeping you cool and comfortable under your suit during warm weather riding.

* Comfortable moisture wicking material.

* Minimal seam stitching for ultimate comfort and performance.

* Long sleeve top and 3-panel bottom.

* Designed to be 60% lighter than cotton, the construction is also hypoallergenic and antistatic.

* Muscle supporting compression fit helps support the riders muscles and reduces fatigue.

* Ergonomic flat lock seams.

* Moisture wicking technology ensures ultimate comfort is maintained as well as a constant body temperature.

* Printed Astar logo on the front with Alpinestars print logo on the back.

* The shorts and pant all feature a male pant opening.

http://www.alpinestars.com/road/tech-layers

[Update 03/10/2018: It appears that this style is no longer available]

The logos would be fairly easy to hide, the neck seal should hide the one on the shirt and the ab plate will hide the one on the pants. A black marker should make them even less obvious.

Just wanted to see if anyone out there has tried them. If so, what do you think for trooping?

MzZQpmX.jpg?1Vo7IWfg.jpg?1

Thanks

Bob

Edited by bobio

:duim:

NOTE: You're not supposed to have any logos on your under suit. If you go with this just use something to remove the logo or a black sharpie to cover. With that said, no one will ever see either logos being they're hidden by a neck seal or armor anyways. 

Bob,

I got my Troopermaster armor just a couple of weeks before you. I'm about 70% into my build and it's been nothing but fun. I'd be further along if I didn't sit and stare in admiration at the armor for long periods of time but Paul makes such beautiful armor, it's hard not to :D

Based on other threads, I purchased some Tesla compression wear from Amazon and it seems to be a good value. For the price, it won't hurt your feelings to take a black sharpie to the logo. I also have a Neosport under-suit that fits under a wetsuit and looks and feels great. It is a little more insulating and may make more sense to wear in cooler weather.

I see that you are in SC. I'm north of you just above Charlotte!

Happy building!