Episode 7 "F11-D" Stormtrooper Blaster WIP (Pic Heavy!)

Wow... that is super gracious of you! Not to mention your stock looks incredible! Only issue is we'd feel really bad about molding/casting and then profitting from your model.

We got ahold of one of these for pretty cheap and it fits the scale of our blaster... plus, it's functional, which is kinda nice. I'm pretty sure the ATI logos were filled in on the screen-used stocks, but there's no way to tell atm.

v0m5pcCl.jpg

I dunno. We probably will see how everything looks by DragonCon (we'll be lugging the blaster around there!) and decide afterwards.

Hey JJ, what kind of 3D printer are you using? I have been using a Makerbot and have a HELL of a time with cleaning up the support structures.

We'll take some much better pics sometime tomorrow, but here's a preview of what you can expect of the finished model! If any of you will be at DragonCon I'll be lugging this thing around in case you'd like to see it in the flesh (plastic)! =)

Wow! Very, very impressive, it looks stunning! :D

That functionnal stock is really too cool.

And by the way, having a look at the NERF version of this blaster i'm not so sure anymore that they have modified the angle of the lower part like i think they have done... 

Also interested once you have everything sorted out.<br><br>

Many will need the raw resin kits to get them through the border.<br><br>

Just something to keep in mind as many countries do not allow replica weapons even if they are just props. They will be confiscated upon arrival.

Edited by VancouverTrooper

Hey JJ, and now know i was completely wrong about modifying the ATI Stock Body. However, I don't know if have noticed but the Shoulder Pad has its top and bottom squared off, unlike the original part:

21229327361_46112d8d13_z.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, noticed the same thing. Back to the ol' modeling board for both of us, eh?

The more images I see of the blaster the more confused I am. The tiny little sight on the top of the blaster (between the scope and the white end cap) is white in the new promotional images but was black on the screen-used blasters at Celebration... ugh!

gallery_12157_64_231841.jpg

BTW, we are ready to accept preorders! I'll be responding to everyone who PMs me directly with info, and I'll also try and make a pre-order thread if I can figure out how/where to make it (and if I have permission :X)

• Like 1

Yes, i noticed that about the rear sight too. In fact i strongly think all the parts of the original blasters are cast in white and then some of them are painted black. You can see some scratches in the black paint on some pictures revealing a white coat underneath it ;).

And i'm very glad to hear your are now very close to be able to produce and sell your blaster!

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

So I was promised a complete blaster before the premier. I was one of the first to pay. And now I can't get a response to what's happening. Can I get a response.

I"m sure JJ will be back to you shortly. With the premier happening and last minute blaster prep he is working overtime. He hasn't even gotten back to me recently and we have some collaboration projects going on, I guarantee is is working his tail off to get things out.

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to give everyone an update.

I am Justin, from Stony Props. I have been doing all of the molding and casting for this project. All of the casting for the first run is finished, and I have sent off all raw kits to the people who ordered them, and the last 8 or so to JJ to be painted and then sent off. Last I heard, JJ had sent all finished blasters off last week.

I have been trying to reach JJ for the past week, but I am sure he is just very busy with holiday stuff. Rest assured, there will be another run. If for some reason JJ is not up for doing it, I will. Just be patient, and another run will be started after the first of the year.

I am Justin, from Stony Props. I have been doing all of the molding and casting for this project. All of the casting for the first run is finished, and I have sent off all raw kits to the people who ordered them, and the last 8 or so to JJ to be painted and then sent off. Last I heard, JJ had sent all finished blasters off last week.

I have been trying to reach JJ for the past week, but I am sure he is just very busy with holiday stuff. Rest assured, there will be another run. If for some reason JJ is not up for doing it, I will. Just be patient, and another run will be started after the first of the year.

Justin maybe you're not the one we should be asking this but JJ has pretty much avoided all forms of contact made to him the last three weeks or so, where is he? People are a bit frustrated to say the least. 

Justin do you have tracking info for our orders. I sent my payment on Nov 21st and was in communication with JJ through his Facebook page. I'm Alberto Sanchez on FB . Edited by virimpact

Justin do you have tracking info for our orders. I sent my payment on Nov 21st and was in communication with JJ through his Facebook page. I'm Alberto Sanchez on FB .

lol get in line Albert, I paid for mine back in September