Episode 7 "F11-D" Stormtrooper Blaster WIP (Pic Heavy!)

In that case, I could use a hand...

Does anyone here have any idea what we could use for the textured grippy material seen on the blaster grip/foregrip?

Couple of ideas left on your RPF thread ;)
  • Like 1

Is the whole gun's tube hollow? Jw, keep up the good work

Yes! The entire gun is hollow, actually, from stem to stern! Here are some pics (don't mind the messy work area...!).

(Bonus: in the background you can see a sneak peek of our initial design sketches for one of Finn's jacket greeblies ;) )

Heuacevl.jpg

jPVBNQMl.jpg

FMnIunSl.jpg

All three parts (barrel, receiver, and rear tube) are in the exact same position/orientation for all three photos, so as you can see it's a straight shot from the muzzle cap all the way back to the end cap. We specifically designed the internal diameter to be an even 1" all the way throughout, so you can run a 1" PVC pipe straight down the blaster body for added stability if you like, or use the space for whatever crazy electronical shenanigans you so desire ;) In fact, a convenient way to manage this might be to stuff any desired electronics, battery pack, etc inside the 1" PVC pipe and then slide that sucker in before attaching the muzzle/end cap. That way if you ever need to swap batteries or do some other kind of repair/maintenance on the internals, you can just remove the end cap and slide everything back out all nice 'n' neat. Just an idea!

Edited by jjarmoryinc
  • Like 1

I don't know if it's too late for you but your cocking channel appears to be wrong. It ends around the middle of the rear section of the barrel and after a little space there's an engraved rounded detail which fills the space.

sans_t14.jpg

I don't know if it's too late for you but your cocking channel appears to be wrong. It ends around the middle of the rear section of the barrel and after a little space there's an engraved rounded detail which fills the space.

sans_t14.jpg

Ah, a very interesting and minute detail...! We'll remodel it and print off another tube asap. :) Thanks for the assist!

By the way, while you're at it, in the lateral rounded engraved detail below the cocking channel, there's only two vertical white bars rather than three like on the ANOVOS version ;)

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

On 8/24/2015 at 7:45 AM, RetiredClone said:

Awesome work, this is brilliant! Do you think you'll produce the extra removable stock too? (you can see it on the back of the Nerf version here: -------------)

Already on it... stay tuned next week...!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1

Already on it... stay tuned next week...!

Glad to hear someone else is finally working on it! 

I don't doubt of your ability of doing it by yourself, but if ever you need or want it, you can use my 3D model.

Glad to hear someone else is finally working on it! 

I don't doubt of your ability of doing it by yourself, but if ever you need or want it, you can use my 3D model.

Wow... that is super gracious of you! Not to mention your stock looks incredible! Only issue is we'd feel really bad about molding/casting and then profitting from your model.

We got ahold of one of these for pretty cheap and it fits the scale of our blaster... plus, it's functional, which is kinda nice. I'm pretty sure the ATI logos were filled in on the screen-used stocks, but there's no way to tell atm.

v0m5pcCl.jpg

I dunno. We probably will see how everything looks by DragonCon (we'll be lugging the blaster around there!) and decide afterwards.

Edited by jjarmoryinc

That's cool if you've gotten yourself one of the original ATI stock. Just a word of advice though: as i've said in my topic, this TFA stock as few alterations compared to the ATI part. Be sure to check them out.

And don't worry if you decide to use my model, you've already done quite some work from your side. Right now, I don't see any problem to let you mold it and do runs with it. And if ever you need i can also try to make some adjustements for a better fit with your model's scale.

• Like 1

That's cool if you've gotten yourself one of the original ATI stock. Just a word of advice though: as i've said in my topic, this TFA stock as few alterations compared to the ATI part. Be sure to check them out.

And don't worry if you decide to use my model, you've already done quite some work from your side. Right now, I don't see any problem to let you mold it and do runs with it. And if ever you need i can also try to make some adjustements for a better fit with your model's scale.

I will take a look! If you'd like to PM me some of the differences, I certainly wouldn't mind ;)

I will take a look! If you'd like to PM me some of the differences, I certainly wouldn't mind ;)

Sorry it took so long. Here are some differences i managed to notice.

11377011.jpg

Of course i don't recommand you to blindly trust my observations and encourage you to make your own conclusion.

• Like 1

We'll take some much better pics sometime tomorrow, but here's a preview of what you can expect of the finished model! If any of you will be at DragonCon I'll be lugging this thing around in case you'd like to see it in the flesh (plastic)! =)
-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 6