Episode 7 "F11-D" Stormtrooper Blaster WIP (Pic Heavy!)

Amazing progress!

It confused us a lot and we couldn't decide how to model it... so we decided to make the D-ring holder a separate piece that gets connected via a bolt on the inside of the end cap... in other words, the D-ring is capable of turning freely if desired so every trooper can set it however they wish.

Exactly as I would have done it.

Two additional things I noted:

The white painted ring where the front sight is mounted seems to long. It should only be half as long, so that it ends in the middle of the front sight. The main barrel might even get thinner right before the white ring. See here.

The rear post of the scope mount should be mounted behind the white rail, completely on the silver rail. So about half its width further to the rear.

However the model looks realy great. I could not find any other difference with reference pictures. Great work!

Amazing progress!

Exactly as I would have done it.

Two additional things I noted:

The white painted ring where the front sight is mounted seems to long. It should only be half as long, so that it ends in the middle of the front sight. The main barrel might even get thinner right before the white ring. See here.

The rear post of the scope mount should be mounted behind the white rail, completely on the silver rail. So about half its width further to the rear.

However the model looks realy great. I could not find any other difference with reference pictures. Great work!

Yeah, we already identified that the sight portion of the muzzle is off (we have the silver sight sitting on the white ring which is incorrect and the white ring is too wide, that will all have to be redone).

Not sure if we understand the other part about the scope mount, can you elaborate?

Thank you!

Yeah, we already identified that the sight portion of the muzzle is off (we have the silver sight sitting on the white ring which is incorrect and the white ring is too wide, that will all have to be redone).

Not sure if we understand the other part about the scope mount, can you elaborate?

Thank you!

post-21098-0-61463600-1436905038_thumb.jpg

Look at the red circled area. That is where you model seems to be slightly off. In your renderings in the first post it looks better. So it might just be assembled imprecise.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2015 at 4:21 AM, Cody42 said:

-----------

Look at the red circled area. That is where you model seems to be slightly off. In your renderings in the first post it looks better. So it might just be assembled imprecise.

Yep, we just are very bad as assembling. We were in a rush to get it all together, lol!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 2

Looking great, slowly but surely finding the info for a 3d print. If you like to share this file, would be very grateful as it wld make it one step closer to finishing my new tfa build.

We'll release our files for the 1.0 version of the rifle most likely later this year, closer to the release of TFA. Until then, the files are going to remain proprietary, at least until we recoup some of the cost we put into this project! :)

Completely understand this! 3D files aren't free to develop, especially ones as detailed as these.

• Like 2

We'll release our files for the 1.0 version of the rifle most likely later this year, closer to the release of TFA. Until then, the files are going to remain proprietary, at least until we recoup some of the cost we put into this project! :)

Great work on this blaster!

• Like 1

Hi, I just noted another detail that might be off. From these pictures (Link 1, Link 2, Link 3) I get the impression that the muzzle of your blaster should be mirrored.

Yep, I agree with David - and wouldn't wonder about this, as almost the whole Sterling design got mirrored for this blaster.

• Like 1

Hi, I just noted another detail that might be off. From these pictures (Link 1, Link 2, Link 3) I get the impression that the muzzle of your blaster should be mirrored.

No worries, mate, I am pretty sure we just hot glued it on wrong in our rush to assemble it for photos! :)

Update! Let the wetsanding begin (this photo includes some pieces we remodeled and reprinted to make them even more accurate...!)

UBdab1zl.jpg

No worries, mate, I am pretty sure we just hot glued it on wrong in our rush to assemble it for photos! :)

Nope, the muzzle is completely asymmetrical. So it can't be just mounted wrong.

Outstanding work so far nevertheless!  :duim:

• Like 1

Nope, the muzzle is completely asymmetrical. So it can't be just mounted wrong.

Outstanding work so far nevertheless!  :duim:

Okay, now I'm just confused... could you elaborate on what is off with ours so we know what to fix? Here is the muzzle cap as it currently appears:

nfsKY7nm.jpg?1

Edited by jjarmoryinc

Wow, I am the dumb. Thanks for pointing it out before it hit the silicone!

Thats why we're all here, to help others and bring up the entire community in doing so :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2015 at 6:58 PM, Dday said:

Thats why we're all here, to help others and bring up the entire community in doing so :D

In that case, I could use a hand...

Does anyone here have any idea what we could use for the textured grippy material seen on the blaster grip/foregrip?

Pics for reference:

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working