RS props DLT-19 inquiry

Bulldog44

Does anyone own a fully finished DLT-19 from RS Props or has purchased one in kit form from them? If you have any photos or comments please let me know.

I am interested to buy one of these but without seeing some photos first I am a bit on the fence.

RS kindly answered my initial info request but I haven't heard back from them regarding the photos. They seem to be extremely busy at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated especially photos of their DLT-19! Thanks.

Edited by Bulldog44

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently bought a complete Stormtrooper commission outfit with the E-11 blaster. I am not very happy thus far and I have had little to no response from them with the exception that "they are very busy with orders".

To make a long story short (on my ongoing disappointment with RS) I can say the replica E-11 is actually pretty darn good for what it is and was the highlight of the issues I still face with the armor finish (looks all pieces made were a very "rushed" job) and they did admit in one email that they are very busy "with the new movie coming out" and all. 

They don't have a link or any pics of the DLT-19 for some reason although they show it in their main page slide show banner.

However- I will say that when I was shipped the commissioned armor with the E-11 that they only wrapped it in 2 layers of mini-bubble wrap and put it at the bottom of the box with the armor. As we know how UPS handles the boxes through their shipping centers I own a nice E-11 replica with a busted up front sight. I can glue it all back together but it (in my opinion) should have been packed a lot better.

Not happy after spending $2300 USD for what I got. 

For any future armor and accessories I will be looking elsewhere. 

On 7/8/2015 at 6:33 AM, Bulldog44 said:

Does anyone own a fully finished DLT-19 from RS Props or has purchased one in kit form from them? If you have any photos or comments please let me know.

I am interested to buy one of these but without seeing some photos first I am a bit on the fence.

RS kindly answered my initial info request but I haven't heard back from them regarding the photos. They seem to be extremely busy at the moment.

Any help is greatly appreciated especially photos of their DLT-19! Thanks.

I purchased a full commission from RS back in August. I had issues with it and, like Wesley, didn't get much response from them when it comes to communication, but I did purchase a DLT-19 from them for under $300. I really love it. I added weathering to it but came fully black. It's a heavy sucker as well.

---------

Hope that helps.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

Thanks Ben for the photos. It does help a lot. First time to see their DlT-19 in detail. Looks great. I will certainly be ordering one in the near future. Really appreciate your help!

I recently bought a complete Stormtrooper commission outfit with the E-11 blaster. I am not very happy thus far and I have had little to no response from them with the exception that "they are very busy with orders".

To make a long story short (on my ongoing disappointment with RS) I can say the replica E-11 is actually pretty darn good for what it is and was the highlight of the issues I still face with the armor finish (looks all pieces made were a very "rushed" job) and they did admit in one email that they are very busy "with the new movie coming out" and all.

They don't have a link or any pics of the DLT-19 for some reason although they show it in their main page slide show banner.

However- I will say that when I was shipped the commissioned armor with the E-11 that they only wrapped it in 2 layers of mini-bubble wrap and put it at the bottom of the box with the armor. As we know how UPS handles the boxes through their shipping centers I own a nice E-11 replica with a busted up front sight. I can glue it all back together but it (in my opinion) should have been packed a lot better.

Not happy after spending $2300 USD for what I got.

For any future armor and accessories I will be looking elsewhere.

Thanks Wesley too for adding your story. Sorry to hear about your situation with the armor and e-11. I had an issue with the helmet when I ordered it from them fully assembled and painted. Paint job was rushed but they were kind to resolve the problem after a few emails. They are probably swamped but totally understand how you feel. I had felt the same after laying out all that money. Keep sending mail to them and I am sure they will help sort you out with some kind of agreeable solution. Cheers.

Thanks Ben for the photos. It does help a lot. First time to see their DlT-19 in detail. Looks great. I will certainly be ordering one in the near future. Really appreciate your help!

Not a prob. She's a nice piece and well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...