FISD E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE

26 minutes ago, xnizamx said:

How to get the e11 blaster completion cert? :)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The certificate is on the last page of the PDF download, link in the first post of this topic. You can print a copy from there. :duim:

Edited by Bulldog44

13 hours ago, xnizamx said:

How to get the e11 blaster completion cert? :)

Hi nizam,

The certificate can be found here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-417955

Or in the near-final pages of the E-11 Blaster Reference PDF ( see links below picture) :

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, likemike973 said:

For the mod D of the bolt extractor was size or gauge aluminum did you use? I like the idea of being able to move it. I want to be able to curve it easily. How far back can you move the bolt? Thanks

Hi Mike, if you are referring to chapter #17, mod D, then I guess Brian @Bulldog44 might be able to help you, as this was a modification on his build.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, likemike973 said:

For the mod D of the bolt extractor was size or gauge aluminum did you use? I like the idea of being able to move it. I want to be able to curve it easily. How far back can you move the bolt? Thanks

Hi Mike. Here is the link to my build on that part.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28778-bulldog44-dd-e-11build/?do=findComment&comment=368348

Sorry it’s not well documented in detail but I did record saying it was .8mm thin aluminum sheeting. It’s merely a cosmetic faceplate to look like the bolt but it does move back considerably like a real bolt. It’s held in place with the help of the cocking pin & to the parts underneath. It rests against the spring so it has a bit of recoil when pulled back. Not entirely durable but it works as I intended. If you want me to shoot a quick video I can do that for you. 

it was a a fun mod to do but took a lot of resin carving out and patience. The .8mm aluminum plate was easy to bend over a metal pipe. And easy to cut, sand to shape. Happy to answer mor e questions if you have them. Shoot me a PM or reply here. 

7 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Hi Mike, if you are referring to chapter #17, mod D, then I guess Brian @Bulldog44 might be able to help you, as this was a modification on his build.

Cheers Tino! . It’s good to revisit some of these mods as it’s been a long time since I did them and could use a refresher. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2016 at 2:56 AM, SlyFox740 said:

I thought it had been discovered that the rear sight pin was actually removed and replaced with a small nut and bolt to mount the scope rail?

9a5f146e.thumb.jpg.46c87fe5da2fb973de9133a89b9c473d.jpg

On 3/10/2016 at 3:53 AM, The5thHorseman said:

Yes, that's what I'm thinking and shared it in this very similar thread actually:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/?p=422654

Just as The5thHorseman and I posted about this here 5-6 years ago, the 4K version on Disney+ pretty much confirms the rear sight and pivot pin being removed and replaced with a Hex Nut and Bolt through the rear sight guard as yet another variation of the mounting method for the rear end of the scope rail. 
I know this is kind of old news but I think we can consider this one confirmed now.
hPcjzyL.jpg
Another angle of the Hex Nut & Bolt, which appears to have a Slotted Head.

Nb6LPTK.jpg

Notice the Scope Rail is bent at an upwards angle behind the Hex Bolt holding it down.KVNnvdY.jpg

More angles showing the Slotted Head.

Also a good view of the Greeblie on top of the Scope.

adFnr1I.jpg

iOfRr3z.jpg
wBb2f7j.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 3

On a separate note from the Hex Nut and Bolt is the final Mounting Method the prop department resorted to for the Counter and Power Cylinders. After initially being Glued on and falling off during production the Counters and Power Cylinders were eventually mounted to the blasters with a wire simply wrapped around them.

uM36rUj.jpg

As you can see after initially being glued on and falling off while filming(especially the trash compactor scene) the Counters were finally mounted to the blaster with a wire wrapped around the base of the scope feet.

ekDAhyN.jpg

The ‘Power Cylinders’ eventually utilized the same type of mounting method the prop department resorted to for the counters; A wire was wrapped over the ‘Power Cylinders’ and around the mag well of the Sterling Sub-Machine Gun.

Here are several more photos of the Counters mounted with a wire wrapped around the base of the scope feet.

some of these images almost look like it could possibly be a thin zip tie too. 

wmVOOot.jpg
There was definitely some kind of Wires and Electrical Tape connected to the socket terminals on this Hengstler Counter, old news I know but 4K resolution gives us some new insight. This image also shows the Hex Nut just over Leia’s shoulder. 

3mMex47.jpg

djTd7rH.jpg

QReglES.jpg

8jqfSRp.jpg

v64b4Hy.jpg
bNk2mnA.jpg

DXcEVEc.jpg

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 7

Great finds, Henry.

Thank you for posting here.

Looks like I soon have to update the reference.

Next two weeks will be busy for me at work, so it will take some time to get this added.

Thanks again.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

#34 - Greeblies

Some (not all) E-11 blasters in Episode IV (ANH) had a few greeblies but up to now it was not possible to determine exactly what these were. Below is a reference photo. The first two greeblies are placed on the left side of the folding stock (close to the bayonet lug and above the trigger), while the last one sits on top of the scope.

51276809879_21c835226b_b.jpg

Photos of fan-made reproduction pieces for better resolution:

51276249693_354f6be9c0_b.jpg

The first two greeblies are hard to identify, the last one seems to be a 14 prong IC socket.

The greeblies are not recommended for Basic Approval, as most GMLs are (currently) not aware of their existence.

• Like 2

Okay, a new chapter has been added to cover the recently found Greeblies and the Table Of Contents has also been updated.

The new info about the mounting methods of power cylinders and Hengstler counters have been added to chapters 24, 25 & 26.

Next step is to update the downloadable PDFs...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Bulldog44 said:

Thanks Tino for the updates to this and editing. :duim:

My pleasure, Brian. Though this time Google made life a bit harder than usually.

Anyway, it finally worked to also upload both PDFs and to update all PDF-links here.

As always, if you find broken links, missing pictures or anything else, don't hesitate to post here or send a PM.

• Like 1