FISD E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE

On 4/28/2016 at 3:47 AM, Tr00per said:

Some nice picture's for the thread :)

http://imgur.com/a/hM5ov

GhB1I8r.jpeg

Thank you very much, Dennis. Are these computer generated images? Or digitally altered in some way(s)? Found a few details that look strange to me (but I don't know each and every Sterling version out there).

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Thank you very much, Dennis. Are these computer generated images? Or digitally altered in some way(s)? Found a few details that look strange to me (but I don't know each and every Sterling version out there).

They definitely appear to be computer generated, It's pretty realistic however there are some inaccuracies; There is no bayonet lug, or flattened area on the receiver for the bayonet. The magazine and magazine well just look too wide, that looks more like an M4/AR style magazine not a Sterling. The trigger group and grip assembly appear to be too thin and the trigger group retaining pin has a flat surface head on but the real thing is slightly domed/rounded. The rear sight aperture is wrong I've never seen anything like that before, also the rear sight pin appears to be inaccurate and doesn't even line up with the pivot point on the rear sight itself so that little part is unrealistic. The rear end cap is too long and the D ring is too thin/skinny. The clearing strip on the bolt prodrudes inwards instead of outwards. There is also an engraving of some kind on left side of the receiver near the rear of the gun that I've never seen before but coincidently I have seen an image where someone photoshopped an engraving of a logo on this area of a real Sterling. But it was photoshopped, there was no real engraving on the actual gun.

Edited by SlyFox740

Found this little gem on YouTube the other day; <br>

<br>

Although I noticed guns in this video seem to have front sight guards similar to the Sterling MK-V (Canadian C1 Type Sub Machine) used in ROTJ not the Sterling MK4 L2A3 front sight guards seen in ANH.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

There's no sound in this video however some of the guns in this one do have the correct Sterling MK4 L2A3 front sight guards seen in ANH. In addition to the original endurance/performance testing we actually get to see some of the original production process taking place here too which is really rare, as well as assembly and quality assurance.<br>

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 2

is this scratch bolt linked to more information or a builders log to see more. Thanks

Some of Brian's handy work there

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28778-bulldog44-dd-e-11build/page-2

And page 11 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28778-bulldog44-dd-e-11build/page-11

Edited by Sith Lord

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been search everywhere and can't seem to find out, what diameter pipe do I use. I've seen other's mention 38.1(is that cm or mm) also is that the outer or inner diameter?

Hello there,

chapter #31 (Measurements) contains this information: Steel receiver tube: 1.5" OD X 1.37" ID X 0.065" Wall

And chapter #04 (The Receiver Tube) contains a link to printable templates

Good luck and let us know in case you need more information.

Does anyone happen to know where this exact set-up can be purchased?  Thanks!

ktRx7py.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1

Hello there,

chapter #31 (Measurements) contains this information: Steel receiver tube: 1.5" OD X 1.37" ID X 0.065" Wall

Haha, it's definitely 38.1mm and not cm! If it was 38cm the pipe would have a diameter similar to a car tire. :D

On 11/17/2016 at 3:42 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Does anyone happen to know where this exact set-up can be found? Thanks!

ktRx7py.jpg

Here's how mine turned out. I up scaled the image to the same size by measuring the actual ejection port on my blaster and then the image on the screen. I think the measurements are 10mm for the extractor and around 4mm for the plunger.

0187acc662760f2adad1752faefbe9cb.thumb.jpg.de3f8dee50359804e059e3521697f4b7.jpg

Marc

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated

Looks great, Marc!  I was looking for it in metal, but yours looks pretty darned real to me...(is it metal)? . Awesome job!

On 11/17/2016 at 5:42 AM, justjoseph63 said:

Does anyone happen to know where this exact set-up can be purchased? Thanks!

On 11/17/2016 at 5:42 AM, justjoseph63 said:

ktRx7py.jpg

Hi Joseph,

That photo is of my blaste ejector port. I hand cut, shaped and assembled it. It is just a thin piece of aluminum with an added strip glued on top of it. The extractor pieces are bits of PVC covered with aluminum sheeting and I used brass tubing. If you go to my blaster build you cn see how it was all done. Wasn't easy but a second try would go smoother. I only I'd this cause I wasn't pleased with the doopy set up so I wanted to add more realistic details for the port. Got out of hand you could say.

All of this of course was Tino inspired.His blaster mods helped push the limits on what you can do.

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 2

Can't believe I didn't find that in my research, Brian!  Aren't you the one who hooked me up with some 3-D printed sites a while back?  I am on my fourth (and final) DD E-11 build, and I want this one to be perfect.  I am obviously using one of Tino's incredible finishing kits, but when I saw your work, I knew I had to add that as well.  Funny thing is, being a HWT, I don't even carry an E-11.

Many thanks for the info., and wish me luck!

Side note:  If you ever decide to make another one, I would be your first customer.  Wink wink, nudge nudge. :duim:

No problem. Not sure if I helped with any 3D printed sites but if I did, no sweat! 

Four doopy builds already? awesome. I am finding it hard to get my second blaster kit off the ground. Happy you like the ejector port mod. It doesn't look as pretty underneath, lots of messy resin to drill out to get the metal plate to slide into place correctly. If you try it and need a hand, shoot me a message. I might still have a partial plate made somewhere.

One thing about being a trooper you can never have enough weapons in your arsenal! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello there,

DUH! Thanks for the info! I guess I'm blind lololol

• 4 weeks later...

Can't believe I didn't find that in my research, Brian!  Aren't you the one who hooked me up with some 3-D printed sites a while back?  I am on my fourth (and final) DD E-11 build, and I want this one to be perfect.  I am obviously using one of Tino's incredible finishing kits, but when I saw your work, I knew I had to add that as well.  Funny thing is, being a HWT, I don't even carry an E-11.

Many thanks for the info., and wish me luck!

Side note:  If you ever decide to make another one, I would be your first customer.  Wink wink, nudge nudge. :duim:

Hi Joseph if it is the sight housing you refer to this was something that I 3D printed and sent over to you. ;)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just recently, most of our photo links broke and we are currently working to bring back all the content.

This might take a while and to provide an interim solution, please check chapter #32 (Downloads).

There you'll find a printable PDF with most of the information from the thread.

We will update you again, when the issue has been fixed. Sorry for any inconveniences.

Edited by FISD E-11 Reference Team
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 7/16/2015 at 1:00 PM, FISD E-11 Reference Team said:

#32 - Downloads

Full content as downloadable PDF document in DIN-A4 size (5,46 MB and 90 pages)

Full content as downloadable PDF document in US letter size (5,45 MB and 81 pages)

The PDFs are direct copies of this thread content, with only minimum changes to optimize some page breaks here and there.

If you find any other substantive differences, please send a PM.

Think before printing - please consider your responsibility to the environment before printing a PDF. Thank you.

You guys are amazing