FISD E-11 BLASTER REFERENCE

Great job guys. Did you ever were thinking about creating a pdf file like the CRL´s to over it as a download on whitearmor.net for 501st.com?

thx for your work

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Great job guys. Did you ever were thinking about creating a pdf file like the CRL´s to over it as a download on whitearmor.net for 501st.com?

thx for your work

Chris

Hi Chris,  A PDF of the entire reference was made specifically for downloads.  We figured it would be nice to download and print the reference so you can look at it while building.  There may be an issue with uploading the PDF file to the FISD thread.  I'll check with team members and see if we can make the PDF available.  If it's a file size issue, it can be linked from a member's Dropbox, similar to how I did pipe build templates.  Check back in a day or two.

• Like 2

Hi Chris

Hi Chris,  A PDF of the entire reference was made specifically for downloads.  We figured it would be nice to download and print the reference so you can look at it while building.  There may be an issue with uploading the PDF file to the FISD thread.  I'll check with team members and see if we can make the PDF available.  If it's a file size issue, it can be linked from a member's Dropbox, similar to how I did pipe build templates.  Check back in a day or two.

Sounds great, a lot of guys will be very thankful  :) 

thx a lot to you and the remaining members of the team, you did a great job.

• Like 1

Hi Dennis, that video is AWESOME!  If only disassembly were that easy!  I can testify the video is extremely accurate, even down to things like the screws turning and trigger group having to move slightly towards the rear before dropping put.  This is kind of like an advanced version of the exploded view blueprints.  Thanks for submitting!!!  We'll discuss as a team and vote on adding this content to the reference.

Aaron

Great video! Indeed it is cool to see how the real Sterling works. I disassembled mine partially long ago when got it, due to demiling restrictions total disassembly was not possible

Update notification:

Chapter #30 (Blueprints) just got enhanced with a link to a photo collection of a precisely cleaned Sterling parts set.

Edit: this parts set has been moved to Chapter #33 (Gallery)

Edited by FISD E-11 Reference Team
  • Like 1

Great resource for E11's guys :duim: .

Just one thing I noticed is when I measured my vintage counter the measurements are slightly different to the measurements for the counter face on here, I posted my measurements to help out a fellow trooper, I'm only talking about .5 of a millimeter here I know but starts to be more noticeable in smaller pieces.

Maybe there is variation in different counters though!.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31623-pipe-blaster-build-log/page-3

• Like 1

Great resource for E11's guys :duim: .

Just one thing I noticed is when I measured my vintage counter the measurements are slightly different to the measurements for the counter face on here, I posted my measurements to help out a fellow trooper, I'm only talking about .5 of a millimeter here I know but starts to be more noticeable in smaller pieces.

Maybe there is variation in different counters though!.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31623-pipe-blaster-build-log/page-3

Hi Chris, thanks for this info and your link. We are always happy to improve the content and raise the accuracy of this reference.

The measurements in our diagram were taken with digital calipers from real counters and do match with the available information in the technical specification sheet from Hengstler.

Maybe you got some slightly different values, because of the way and technique these have been taken. In some of your photos I noticed surprisingly soft corners on the cover, which could also have caused this.

And for all values around the reset button you have to bear in mind, these are the dimensions of the hole in the cover - not of the reset button itself, which is of course slightly smaller.

However, if there is a specific measurement which you feel is off, please let us know, so we can check.

And thanks again for highlighting this. Comments like yours will help making this reference better as time goes by and that truly is why I "liked" your posting.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Hi Tino, your very welcome, yes the corners and edges are a little soft on the plastic back cover of my counter, I sanded them slightly to help prevent the automotive paint from chipping but I don't think it affected my measuring, the photographs can be a little deceiving as camera lenses tend to distort viewpoints but in real life eyeballing my counter with a metal rule I could definitely see to within .5mm, maybe some models varied as I know from experience with working in industry that technical specification sheets sometimes don't tally up to the real world items due to a number of factors such as design change, tooling change or tweaking and manufacturing techniques or material composition changes, who knows!. Mine is a real vintage Hengstler so maybe there is some variations in them, I wonder if the technical specification sheets are from the very first models or from the newer ones?. I know the socket box on mine is metal as apposed to plastic on the newer ones and slightly different profile on the front below the 3 pins, I think the early models were made in the 1940's, I could be wrong though.

Anyway I will have to check mine sometime with digital calipers as I was only getting a rough measurement to within .5mm for a friend.

By the way I think its great what your doing, maybe this work will inspire some kind of 'standardization' of E11's like we have with armor, I know there was a lot of variation in the props in ANH but in our 'Star Wars Universe' it would be good to have troopers and there accessories somewhat 'the same'.  :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

most of the measurements have been taken with a set of calipers.  There certainly different slight measures in hengstler counters.

Having owned most of the types, and even have sold one to a member of the team here, I'm sure that I've noted, and many can also note some slight differences,

most of these being from the front box connection...

if we break out the FISD references to all of the different types of counters out there it can become quite a project in and of itself!

iNwdcct.jpg

klxfDKl.jpg
tkuPyvR.jpg

i0Harhs.jpg

lie7Zvn.jpg

sco6jwN.jpg

T8Cn6rW.jpg

JEjeuTk.jpg

nVe2s1z.jpg

VszzJgI.jpg

WXtfER4.jpg

NuQVXzK.jpg