E-11

DSC00620.jpg

DSC00619.jpg

DSC00621.jpg

Bucket off

DSC00874.jpg

Action shot

DSC00884.jpg

Thanks to Steve for the guidance and to Adrian for all his hard work!

look good. You might have the side rivets in the wrong positions though. This thread has some good pics and discussions about it: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26886-split-rivet-placement/

Meh. Rivet placements were a bit all over the place. If you look at the pictures I posted in that thread you see they didn't even use the same rivets all the time.

​

​If we're going to nit-pick problems with the applicant's suit, the side rivets are at the bottom of the list of things I could mention. But I'm not going to, because It fits all the requirements for centurion. It's clearly not supposed to be a prop-replica, but more of an accurate looking trooping suit. What you're doing is not helping anybody. It's only lowering peoples self-esteem.

• Like 1

What kind of Centurion would I be if I knew I could make my armor better but didn't?

Rivets out:

DSC00944.jpg

New rivets in, painted and ABS paste applied.  Sanding and polishing in the morning.

DSC00945.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the feedback!

Hey Todd! Thank you for your application to Centurion. This has been a very interesting application as a whole and worthy of discussion. Many good points have been brought up here and you, Sir, have done some incredible work. Right up to the end. Let's look!!

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted and your armor contains all the necessary elements to earn the Centurion badge. Congratulations, Todd!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

By this point, there really shouldn't be too much to discuss. however, some very good observations and points have surfaced and are worth reviewing. First, let's go right your side rivets. Although I agree that your lower rivet was installed a little low, with the ensemble together, this isn't something that jumped out at me. That lower most rivet didn't throw the armor out of balance or make it look like something was installed incorrectly.  This is what I consider the perfect side rivet installation:post-12041-0-00257000-1436723763_thumb.jpg    Some other rivet locations that I might consider bringing up are ones that are gathered too close together like this:post-12041-0-56026900-1436723189_thumb.jpg or too far from the seam:post-12041-0-41744400-1436723611_thumb.jpg  

I agree that this is not costume replication, but I do believe there are certain things that, although not listed on the CRL, should be maintained as close to the original costume as possible. Especially when the photo references are there and readily available. If the CRL was updated to list all of these points, it would be a huge and very annoying manuscript. Specifically in Todd's case, I made mention of the thermal detonator attachment hardware. Many troopers encourage the slotted, pan head screws to be used here. Yes, that is accurate, but that is something I have never harped too much on. I mentioned it in Todd's case, not because he originally used rivets, but that I only noted two. DSC00873.jpgWhen we always refer to the 4 commonly seen heregallery_12157_51_33329.jpg Todd made the upgradeDSC00895.jpgWell done! Obviously, his side rivet relocation was amazing. This level of attention and Centurion pride as Todd mentioned is admirable!!DSC00948.jpg Todd also upgraded his rear trap vent lines to closer follow the trapezoid shape and not all be parallel to each other. 

If I was to make on comment about something for future adjustment, it would be to shorten the strap on your right side drop box. 

Thank you, good Sir, for all your hard work. You have been saluted. Congratulations!!

You did it, Todd!  Fantastic job on the fixes, and welcome to ranks, bro!

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

Thank you everyone!  I hope to make the Star Garrison proud.

I just saw that I'm #172.  That's cool.  My TK ID is from one of the planes I rented to get my private pilot license, N22237, a Cessna 172.  

DSC00490.jpg

• Like 1

Huge congrats on a hard job, well completed!

Im headed this way SLOWLY and while i struggle with my sniper plate (APs only weakness) i commend you on one of the tidiest knee plates ive seen. Im jealous!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...