Optional Information: 

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 180 lbs

Boots Maker: TK boots

Canvas Belt: gazmosis

Hand Plates Type: Karin's ANH stunt handguards

Neck seal Type: Darman

Holster Maker: gazmosis

Build Thread: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31099-chills-build-anh-stunt-tm-armor/

PHOTOS:

IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7286.jpg

IMG_7287.jpg

IMG_6356.jpg

IMG_7290.jpg

IMG_7292.jpg

IMG_7297.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7236.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7239.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7245.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7273.jpg

IMG_7246.jpg

IMG_7247.jpg

IMG_7250.jpg

Nice looking armor, Chris!  I think you pretty much have this nailed, but would like to weigh in with my humble 2 cents worth...  I would suggest that you raise your left thigh up a bit to match the right.  Also, I noticed that your  right (sniper) knee plate seems to drop behind your thigh.  I had the same exact problem, but what I did was to put a piece of 1 inch thick foam strip behind the knee, and it solved two problems... it doesn't twist, and keeps it in front of the thigh.  Also, if you are going for Centurion, (which I suggest), you will have to remove the white paint from your cod piece rivet.  Best of luck to ya'!

• Like 1

Thanks for compliment, Joseph; and your input is much appreciated. The thighs are a tough one for me. After years of mountaineering and backpacking my leg muscles are really big. I had to put in 1.5" shims on the backs of the thigh armor, because of how thick they are. Also, my calves are so big I had to use ever millimeter of plastic TM provided for those pieces. So, anatomically, my knee plate will always be behind my thigh; my muscle sticks out that much.

Also, the uneven-ness is a result of that, too. I try to get them to be even, but there's very little space to work with between my legs, LOL, and one always slides. However, I could re-take the pics so they're even. 

Thanks for the advice about the paint on the cod piece rivet. For some reason I thought it had to be white. I do plan on going for Centurion.  :duim:

Looks awesome!  Unless the leg armor is skin tight, I agree that trying the foam could still maybe help with the sniper plate.  Small piece in back of the bottom thigh, small piece in the front top of the shin.  Your back armor also is overlapping your ab;  could you lengthen your strapping to the ab in front and back to drop it an inch?  Looks fine with your arms up, but with them down you can see it.  No biggie though- good luck! 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. My fingers are crossed....

Good suggestions, Scott. Those are things I thought of, as well, but there's really no room to play with in the thighs or calves. Both are skin-tight. If I tried to get the front bottom thigh back, the top front would rotate  out too far, and the top back would dig into my hamstring. Also, to get the plate on the greave to come forward I'd have to add shims to the back... they are tight against my leg, too. :mellow:

The back overlaps the kidney a very slight amount because I'm short (5'8" on a good day.  ;) ). I had to modify the upper shoulder sections of the back armor by heating them and bending them down a lot to get the piece to sit as high as it is. You can see on the side pictures (arms down) that they still float up a bit. 

Looking very nice Chris. If you don't mind me asking did you use some space age polish on that armor or maybe a shot of clear coat, every thing is so chiney, as we say here in California.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony. LOL@chiney. Nope, no polish at all. That's how troopermaster 2.0mm capped acrylic armor comes right out of the box. 

Edited by Chills

Thanks Tony. LOL@chiney. Nope, no polish at all. That's how troopermaster 2.0mm capped acrylic armor comes right out of the box. 

Well then, as someone once told me "Now get out there and get dirty".  :duim:

• Like 1

Hey there, Chris!!  Thank you so much for your EIB application. Yet another shining (literally) set of TM armor for us to gawk at!!! Let's gawk some more!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted. I am pleased to say that your armor meets all necessary requirements to qualify for EIB. I would like to congratulate and welcome you to EIB!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section I will discuss observations made by myself and your fellow troopers. At times, these observations may lead to suggested changes or adjustments to improve the final look of your armor. If any changes are required, they will be listed in the above section or the Centurion section.

Yes, Tony. I agree. Space aged shiny stuff!! It is even more impressive in person. Acrylic capped ABS is just stunning. Makes TM armor even a bigger pleasure to work with.  

The subject of your sniper plate was brought up.  I think it might just be the camera angle but the sniper does clear the bottom of the thigh. For the first time I saw someone who needed to shim the back of Troopermaster thighs. Because of Chris's active lifestyle, the man has thighs and calves that can crack coconuts. All the leg parts are stretched to their absolute limits in regards to fit and as previously mentioned, the thighs needed to be shimmed . (See mention of this below). I doubt the thighs can be pulled up further.

Can you fill us in on what exactly the strand of elastic going across this inside of your butt plate is for?

Great paintwork on your helmet, by the way!

Centurion Suggestions:

It would be shocking if we didn't see an application from you. A couple of adjustments are needed before you can do that. 

First, as Scott had mentioned, the overlap of your back onto your kidney is more than what I would consider "little to no overlap". This will need to be adjusted. From your side shot, it looks like you have room to lift your back up by installing an extra snap higher.

Second, I will need you to remove the white paint from your cod split rivet.

Lastly, I want to follow up on your thigh backs. The only thing that seems off about your shim work (which I challenge ANYONE to notice.......fantastic work here, Chris) is the cover strip seems to be replaced off center. In this side by side, I marked the current path in black and what I believe the path should be in red.post-12041-0-37019500-1436545362_thumb.jpg

Congratulations again!!!

• Like 1

Woohoo!!! Thanks Steve!!!

Yes, I definitely plan on submitting my Centurion. 

Regarding the back armor, no problem, I can adjust that. I think some of the overlap is because of my height, but I can definitely fix it so it meets Centurion requirements.

The white has already been scraped off the split rivet on the cod. I need to take another picture and I'll use that one. 

As for the thigh strips, no problem at all. I used E-6000 to glue them on, so I can adjust them. I tried lining them up with the calf strips, and they ended up off-center. I'll get that knocked out.

:salute:

And thanks for the compliment on the shims and helmet.  :duim:

The elastic strap on the butt-plate is to help keep it down. In addition to having large legs, I have some junk in the trunk, so the plate sticks out some. During my first troop I noticed that the three top straps and the crotch strap didn't keep the plate in place very well when I walked. So I added the elastic, which come across my front, and holds it down quite well.