Thrawns Guard's ANH E11 blaster build

Beautiful work on your blaster. You should be very proud of it. Amazing craftsmanship on all the details. Congrats! Always great to see a cool blaster build build with groundbreaking results!

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the positive feedback guys it really has been a pleasure both building the blaster and comparing and discussing details with everyone who has contributed on this build thread.<br><br>

I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to produce anything near as detailed and accurate without the amazing level of advice provided and the numerous other great build examples on here.<br><br>

I will certainly look to use the knowledge I have gained to help others.

What he said ^^

Now you need the armour to match!

I certainly do Ian. I think that I have narrowed it down to either RS Propmasters or Troopermaster armour. Hopefully I'll get this on order soon though I have no idea at this stage how long a armour build using these kits will take.

• 2 weeks later...

Well having finished my blaster build I thought that I would take this opertunity thank everyone who has contributed to this thread in particular Mike (Twinbrother), Dennis (Trooper), T-Jay (Tino), Brian (Bulldog44), Dan (AgeOfStrife), Scott (Charlesnarles), Aaron (usaeatt2) and Ian (Sith Lord) for some great advice, suggestions and information along the way. Apologies for anyone else that I have not mentioned.

I also thought that whilst I was writing I would provide some final summarizing thoughts about my build.

Firstly I am very happy with what I have been able to do and hope that others take some inspiration from either this or other build threads and have a go themselves as it is a most rewarding exercise.

Looking back at my build thread I ask myself would I do anything different if I was to carry out another build? The honest answer is probably not too much. I would be tempted to have a go at installing a three position rotary switch for the selector switch and perhaps look at some form of electronics but other than that probably not too much.

The part that I am most happy with however is the scope. At one stage I was thinking what on earth have I done….I have cut a perfectly good scope in to a number of pieces but in the end I love what I ended up with.

Reading through the build I have a number of items that I have 3D printed and I will shortly be providing separate thread/threads where I will make these files available for whoever wants them. I did intend to do this sooner but unfortunately have been very busy at work.

• Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have now added a link to allow anyone to download the M38 scope cross-hair sets that I show in post 136 (Also see posts 210 and 231 for photos of a set of cross-hairs installed). These can be printed on transparent over head projector sheets and installed in the scopes.

The link can be found on the first post of this build thread. Please feel free to download and use as required.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic build log. Great job. If you don't mind, I will be copying your guide on the power cylinders when it comes time to build mine. I have the same counter set up you show on your first page or so but I didn't see you incorporate that into your hengstler. Did you find a better way or just leave it out all together. My plan was to scratch build a counter and use the rolling numbers from the bought counter some how.

HI Kevin I'm really pleased that you like the build log. I did try to outline how and why I did things with the intention of helping others with there own build threads however the feedback you get when you put together a build thread also greatly helps with your own build.

I don't mind at all if you want to copy my guide on scratch building power cylinders in fact it is a compliment that people want to reproduce what I have done. It was one of the parts of the build that I kept putting off however is now one of my favourite parts of my blaster. All the best of luck with this and if you have any queries or if anything is unclear on my build log feel free to ask and I will do my best to help.

With regard to the counter I did intend to build one using the parts provided with the counter you refer to however before I got around to looking at this area of the build Tino had a run of the counters shown in the link below therefore I took the opportunity to purchase and use one of these whilst I had the chance.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/30715-limited-offer-conversion-counters-now-available-in-completion-sets/

Keep up the great work Kevin.

• Like 1